Woolworths Holdings Limited (WHL) has developed into a major retail conglomerate with significant operations in Sub-Saharan Africa, Australia, and New Zealand. In 1931, the first Woolworths store opened its doors in Cape Town, South Africa. Max Sonnenberg, the company’s creator, piqued the public’s interest with innovative shop procedures that set Woolworths apart from the competition as of then.
Over the years, the company has grown into a retail leader operating with a network of over 400 shops. Clothing, footwear, accessories, consumables, cosmetic items, homeware, and financial services are among its specialties. More so, with such a diverse range of goods and a large regional audience, Woolworths has become one of the most successful retail chains in South Africa, and it is currently registered on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
What Is The Woolworths Account and Why Is It Important To Open One?
The retailer, like many others across the world, has added a Woolworths store card to its portfolio. This allows customers to buy things on credit while also receiving online advantages and points for using their special credit card. More so, Woolworth’s financial services can be accessed by linking one’s bank account to the retailer’s online store.
Other benefits to opening a Woolworth’s account and possessing a store card include:
- Online shopping is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at Woolworths website
- WRewards membership is automatic – that is, the more money you spend, the higher your tier will be and the better your prizes will be. You may further expedite your tier status with Green Rewards by purchasing specifically marked ecologically friendly products.
- Sales preview invitations.
- Interest-free for up to 55 days if you pay your account in full on or before the due date.
- A variety of payment alternatives, including debit orders, ATM, phone, online banking, and in-store payment.
- E-statements – that is, account owners can receive monthly Store Card statements by e-mail.
- Mobile self-service – customers can view account balance, available credit, and payment due date on their cell phone by downloading the very handy app at m.wfs.co.za. The information can also be obtained by phoning *120*985# or going to m.wfs.co.za on a mobile device.
How Can You Apply For A Woolworth’s Account?
As far as a Woolworth’s account application goes, you can only apply for a store account online or in-store. More so, you can download their app and follow the prompts to enroll on their platform.
The following steps can also be helpful to get you started:
- Go to their website and navigate to the icon that says ‘Sign-in / Register ‘
- Click on the icon and it will take you to a page where you will be asked to provide login details if you already have an account or register. Go to the part that says ‘Register’
- The registration page will appear where you are to fill in the relevant information, including your first name, surname, contact number, email address, and to create a password.
- Once you have provided these details, navigate to the bottom of the page and click on select the icon that says ‘Register’
- Follow the subsequent prompts to successfully complete your registration process
Note: To log into your account, you can do so via your browser by visiting the Woolworths site or via their app and log in with your details.
Requirements For Opening A Woolworths Account
Although Woolworths wants all its customers to enroll on its online platform, there are specific requirements one need to adhere to when opening a Woolworths account and they include:
- You must be up to 18 years old.
- You must have an RSA ID number that is valid.
- Your minimum monthly salary should be R2,000.
- A valid South African identification is required.
- Ensure that you use Play Store, Apple Store, or Windows desktop to register on the Woolworths account.
- You’ll also be asked to fill out a Woolworth statement detailing how many times you’ve visited the store.
Is It Possible To Open A Woolworth Account Entirely Online?
If you do not have the time to visit a Woolworth store to register, you can do so from the comfort of anywhere you can. This is because the whole process can be started and finished via the internet. All you have to do is to ensure that you have good internet connections that won’t be interrupted as you perform the registration process.
How Can Customers Receive Assistance From Woolworths?
In case you are having issues with your Woolworths account, you can easily get assistance from the diverse ways Woolworths has made available. For instance, you can approach Woolworth’s financial services’ contact number to check your account details.
More so, you can sort out any issue you have via the Woolworths app – this app is easily accessible via the Android Play Store, Apple Store, or Windows desktop. Once you are logged on, you can check your bank account information, products, available services, credit scores, bank statements, and balances via the app.
How Effective Is Woolworths’ Customer Service?
According to the South African customer satisfaction index, Woolworths is delivering on its promises to customers. They have the greatest loyalty score, which has gone up slightly since 2016 and this reflects Woolworths’ continued excellent brand equity.
It is also gathered that Woolworths outperformed the industry average in terms of Net Promoter Score (NPS) – a system that assesses the chance of a person recommending a brand, with a score of 46.8%. More so, Woolworths had the greatest overall customer experience during this assessment.
Woolworths South Africa Customer Service Contacts
Below are the contact details you can reach Woolworth’s customer service units across all the available platforms:
- Via Phone: Their Phone numbers are +27 214 079 111, +27 860 022 002, +27 861 502 020, 0860 022 002, 0861 50 20 20, 0860 100 987
It is also worthy to note that the Woolworth call centers operate as follow:
Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday: 9am – 2pm
Public Holidays: 9am – 2pm
Lockdown Call Centre Operating Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8am – 7:30pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday: 9am – 2pm
Public Holidays: 9am – 2pm
- Via Email: You can email them at [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Via social media platforms: Twitter (@woolworths), Facebook (www.facebook .com/woolworths), Pinterest (woolworthssa), Instagram (@woolworths_sa).
Customers can reach the Woolworth customer care unit on all their social media accounts by sending them a direct message via inbox.