When Kenya Airways Ltd was birthed in 1977, it operated under the watch of the Federal Government of Kenya for 18 long years until 1995 when it became a public-private partnership. This development led to private firms like KQ Lenders Company 2017 Ltd and KLM buying into the company. From what we know, privatization was a good move for the company as it has been recording improvements in several areas of which one is the establishment of branches.
Currently, Kenya Airways can boast of branches in several parts of the country, not only in the nation’s capital Nairobi, but its presence is felt in places like Mombasa, and Kisumu. Other evidence of growth in the airways is the fact that it has also succeeded in establishing a presence beyond the East African country. Those in Nigeria can access the airline’s office at their Lagos outlet and they also have a presence outside the shores of Africa in countries like the United Kingdom and the United States.
Kenya Airways Offices, Contacts, And Locations
In Kenya, Kenya Airways Ltd has offices strategically located in different parts of the East African country, however, their head office can be found in the country’s capital Nairobi. Apart from Kenya, the airway has also established contact points in other parts of Africa, Europe, and America.
If you wish to visit the head office of Kenya Airways Ltd, then you must schedule a visit to Nairobi. All necessary information about the headquarters of the airline is outlined below;
1. Contacts and Location for The Head Office Of Kenya Airways Ltd
|1.||Location||Airport North Road, Embakasi|
|2.||Postal address||P.O. Box 19002 – 00501, Nairobi, Kenya|
|3.||Kenya Airways office contacts telephone numbers||
|4.||Facebook page||Kenya Airways|
2. Kenya Airways Booking Contacts
- Telephone Number: +254 (0) 20 327 4747
- Phone Number 1: +254 711024 747
- Phone Number 2: +254 734 104 747
- Email Address 1: email@example.com
- Email Address 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Kenya Airways Cargo Contacts
- Location: KQ Cargo Centre Building (first floor), Jomo Kenyatta International Airport-Freight
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 19142-00501 Nairobi
- Telephone Number: +254-20-6423467
- Email Address: email@example.com
4. Kenya Airways Cargo Sales and Reservations
- Telephone Number: +254-20-6423400
- Phone Number 1: +254-741-267057
- Phone Number 2: +254 741 787 551
- Phone Number 3: +254 741 787 671/3
- Email Address: cargo.salesKenya@kenya-airways.com
5. Kenya Airways Cargo, Import, Export, Courier and Mail Operations Duty Controller Contacts
- Telephone Number: +254-20-6423093
- Phone Number 1: +254-741-200 691
- Phone Number 2: +254-741-330 558
- Email Address: Terminal.firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Kenya Airways Barclays Plaza Ticketing Office
- Location: Kenya Airways Barclays Plaza located on the Ground Floor, Loita Street
- Postal Address: P.O. BOX 41010-00100, Nairobi
- Business Hours: Monday to Friday 0800-1800 and Saturdays: 0830-1300
7. Kenya Airways Yaya Sales And Ticketing Office
- Location: Ground Floor, Yaya Centre
- Business Hours: Monday to Friday 0900-1800 and Saturdays: 0900-1500
8. Kenya Airways Sarit Center Sales and Ticketing Office
- Location: Lower ground floor, Sarit Centre, Westlands, Off Waiyaki way
- Business Hours: Monday to Friday 0900-1800, Saturdays: 0900-1500
Offices of Kenya Airways LTD are not restricted to the nation’s capital Nairobi, they are scattered in other urban and suburban areas of the country. For instance in Mombasa, the airways command a total of four offices and they are listed below alongside their contacts and locations;
1. Kenya Airways Nyali Sales Office Mombasa (Town Office)
- Location: City Mall next to Nakumatt
- Postal Address: P. O. Box 99302 – 80107, Mombasa, Kenya
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Working Hours: From 0830 – 1800 hrs (Monday through Friday) and from 0830 -1500 hrs (Saturdays) and closed over Public Holidays cumSundays
2. Kenya Airways Moi International Airport sales office (Airport Office)
- Location: Moi International Airport
- Postal Address: P. O. Box 99302 – 80107, Mombasa, Kenya
- Working Hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week.
3. Kenya Airways Mombasa Sales Office
- Location: Nkrumah Road City Center
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 99302 – 80100, Mombasa
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working Hours: From 0830 – 1800 hrs (Monday through Friday) and from 0830 -1500 hours (on Saturdays). Closed on public holidays cum Sundays
4. Kenya Airways Cargo Sales Mombasa
- Location: Mombasa International Airport Freight Terminal
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 99302, Mombasa, Kenya
- Landline Number: +254-41-3433453
- Phone Number 2: +254-741-201943
- Phone Number 2: +254-741-688612
- Email Address: cargo.salesMBA@kenya-airways.com
Kisumu is one of the cities where Kenya Airways LTD has offices, unlike Nairobi and Mombasa, the outlets in Kisumu are not so numerous, they are just two in number. Their contacts and locations can be found below;
1. Kenya Airways Kisumu Town Office Contacts
- Location: Westend Shopping Mall First Floor located in Kenyatta Avenue Kisumu
- Email Address: Kisumu.email@example.com
2. Kenya Airways Kisumu Airport Office
Kenya Airways LTD Outlet In Nigeria
Apart from Kenya, the airways also have contact offices in other countries. Their Nigerian outlet is located in Lagos, Nigeria. Below is the necessary information for contacting their Lagos office.
- Kenya Airways Lagos City Office Address: Kenya Airways Ltd, First Floor, UBA House, 22B, Idowu Taylor Street Victoria Island Lagos.
- Kenya Airways City Office Telephone Contact Numbers: 234 1 271 9433/434/435
- Fax: 234 1 2715849
Kenya Airways United Kingdom Contact
Check below for the contact of Kenya Airways Ltd in the United Kingdom
- Tel: +44 20 82831800
- Passenger Reservations: +44 20 8283 1818
Kenya Airways USA Contact
Kenya Airways also has a presence in the United States of America, the details can be found below;
- Tel: 1-866-KENYA AIR (866-536-9224)
- Fax: 1-212-279-6602
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief History of Kenya Airways Ltd
Popularly known as Kenya Airways, Kenya Airways Ltd came into existence in 1977 following the dissolution of what was known as East African Airways. From 1977 to 1995, it was completely under the control of the Kenyan Government, however, the country’s flag carrier airline was privatized in 1996. This made it the first among African flag carriers to carry out a privatization procedure successfully.
Today, Kenya Airways Ltd is a public-private partnership with the country’s federal government controlling 48.9%, making it the largest shareholder. KQ Lenders Company 2017 Ltd owns 38.1% and 7.8% stake belongs to KLM. The remaining shares are in the hands of private owners. Shares at Kenya Airways Ltd are valuable and holders can trade them on Nairobi Stock Exchange, Uganda Securities Exchange, and Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
Since its inception in 1977 Kenya Airways Ltd has always enjoyed membership of the AAA (African Airlines Association) and in 2010, SkyTeam accepted it as a member.
How Successful Is Kenya Airways?
Since its inception in 1977, Kenya Airways Ltd has recorded remarkable growth; it broke even during the 1993-94 fiscal year, showing a profit margin, its shares surfaced on the Nairobi Stock Exchange in 1996, and it has gained membership of both SkyTeam and African Airlines Association. The airline has since added numerous aircraft to its fleet and has attracted the attention of publications like African Aviation Magazine that voted it African Airline of the Year, Travel News which named it Best Regional Airline in Eastern Africa, and many other. Even the current logo of the airline describes it as the pride of Africa.
The airline’s plans for 2021 include creating additional 24 flight destinations to their network; flights are slated to start operation in places like South and North America, Australia, and Asia.