Most times all you need is just an inspiration to spark off that change you need or help you go through that challenge. Inspirational quotes are mostly from people that have passed through similar situations and came out victorious, making you believe that such change is possible. Changes don’t just happen, something inspires it. Funny enough most people are scared of change, instead, they prefer to remain in the status quo, at this point all they need is a word of inspiration that will inspire or challenge them to take that bold step. Here is a list of best quotes about change that might give you that courage and inspiration you need to effect that positive change in your life.
Famous Quotes About Change
1. Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer. -Shunryu Suzuki
2. We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves. -Lynn Hall
3. Things do not change; we change. -Henry David Thoreau
4. For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
5. Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be the reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. -Lao Tzu
6. My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations. -Michael J. Fox
7. The best way is not to fight it, just go. Don’t be trying all the time to fix things. What you run from only stays with you longer. When you fight something, you only make it stronger. -Chuck Palahniuk
8. Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, So what. That’s one of my favourite things to say. So what. -Andy Warhol
9. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery. -J.K. Rowling
10. Those who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history. -Joan Wallach Scott
11. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. -Maria Robinson
12. You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler. -Denis Waitley
13. There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in travelling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one’s position and be bruised in a new place. -Washington Irving
14. The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down, go up and those who were up, go down. -Jawaharlal Nehru
15. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. -C.S. Lewis
16. The end of a melody is not its goal: but nonetheless, had the melody not reached its end it would not have reached its goal either. A parable. -Friedrich Nietzsche
17. Nothing brings down walls as surely as acceptance. -Deepak Chopra
18. The moment that judgement stops through acceptance of what it is, you are free of the mind. You have made room for love, for joy, for peace. -Eckhart Tolle
19. Acceptance of one’s life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes… To accept is to say yes to life in its entirety. -Paul Tournier
20. Life is its own journey, presupposes its own change and movement, and one tries to arrest them at one’s eternal peril. -Laurens van der Post
21. Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. -Pauline R. Kezer
22. Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable. -Denis Waitley
23. All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. -Anatole France
24. To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. -Henri Bergson
25. Humility means accepting reality with no attempt to outsmart it. -David Richo
26. A rolling stone can gather no moss- Publilius Syrus
27. There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse! As I have often found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one’s position, and be bruised in a new place -Washington Irving
28. Nothing is permanent, but change – Heraclitus
29. One of the things I learnt when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself I could not change others -Nelson Mandela
30. Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit -Henry Brooks Adams
31. Adapt or perish, now as ever, is Nature’s inexorable imperative -H. G. Wells
32. It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be -Isaac Asimov
33. Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life -Herbert Otto
34. Any change, even for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts -Arnold Bennett
35. Change doesn’t come from Washington. Change comes to Washington – Barack Obama
36. There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction – Winston Churchill
37. If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change -John A. Simone Sr.
38. Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations – Faith Baldwin
39. The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down go up and those who were up go down – Jawaharlal Nehru
40. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable -Helen Keller
41. A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will -Spanish Proverb
42. You can’t force anyone to love you. So just be you. Never change for anyone because it never last. Be true, be real, be you.
43. The best love is the one that makes you a better person, without changing you into someone other than yourself.
44. Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you’ll understand what little chance you have in trying to change people.
45. When you look at a person, any person. Remember that anyone has gone through something that has changed them.
46. I will not stress myself out about things I can’t change or control.
47. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
48. One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.
49. When you’re trying to motivate yourself, appreciate the fact that you’re even thinking about making change. And as you move forward, allow yourself to be good enough.
50. There are two primary choices in life: to accept the conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them – Denis Witley.
Quotes About People Changing
51. The good and bad things are what form us as people… change makes us grow – Kate Winslet
52. Some people change when they think they’re a star or something – Paris Hilton
53. Believe it or not, lots of people change their majors and abandon their dreams just to avoid a couple of math classes in college – Danica McKellar
54. I think people change, but the media, they never allowed me to change. They never allowed me to be a better person – Terrell Owens
55. You collect people to take with you. Some people change, other people don’t… it’s wonderful because I’ve met some incredible friends – Imogen Poots
56. I think there are certain ways that people are always themselves, but I do think people change – Mike White
57. People change. I wouldn’t like to be accountable for the interviews I’ve done, or the person I was when I was 20, 21 – Robbie Williams
58. You can’t make people change, but the organizers of WorldFest hope that people consider being vegetarian for both moral and health reasons – Grace Slick
59. People change their opinion according to your position. And both politicians and bureaucrats begin to take you more seriously, as they suddenly feel you have become more important – Rajeev Shukla
60. I definitely don’t look my age. So I actively look for roles that will help people change their perception of me – Elijah Wood
61. For people who have… had curve balls thrown at them, it is easier to digest change and digest change in other people. Change only scares the small-minded. The small-minded and me – Casey Affleck
62. I realized that my truest passion was for helping people change through faith in a higher power. That meant, for me, belonging to the church. Using my abilities to bring Christian doctrine to a postmodern world – James McGreevey
63. I think it’s important that people think about what they are doing and that includes what they are eating. I am 61 now and attitudes towards drinking and driving have changed radically since I was a student. People change their notion of what is responsible. They will increasingly ask about the carbon content of their food – Nicholas Stern
64. As society changes, as politics change, as people change, certain songs still seem to resonate – Beck
65. It’s nice being friends over a period of time with people whose music you like so much, or other filmmakers, seeing people change, go through trials – Noah Baumbach
66. I’ve learned that things change, people change, and it doesn’t mean you forget the past or try to cover it up. It simply means that you move on and treasure the memories.
67. Heat of blood makes young people change their inclinations often, and habit makes old ones keep to theirs a great while – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
68. Being friends with anyone for 30 years is no easy task – people change, they drift apart, they move on – Alana Stewart
69. Time has passed. people changed. You lose the ones you love the most. Now you realize what you are meant to do. Live life and forget about those who brought you down.
70. Time, which changes people, does not alter the image we have retained of them.
71. I don’t think people change. I think they definitely mature. But I think the essence of what I am today is the same as when I was five years old. It’s just maturity. I’ve become a healthier, fuller expression of that essence – Ricky Williams
72. I don’t know that love changes. People change. Circumstances change – Nicholas Sparks
73. People change over the years, and that changes situations for good and for bad – Bobby Knight
74. I firmly believe that every six years, a person goes through a serious change. Think about it: At 6, you start school. At about 12, you start hitting puberty. And then it goes on. You start hitting these different mental levels, and people change. I think that’s part of the reason the divorce rate is so high – Randy Houser
75. Because the biological mechanisms that affect our health and well-being are so dynamic, when people change their diet and lifestyle, they usually feel so much better, so quickly; it reframes the reason for changing from fear of dying to joy of living. Also, the support that patients give each other is a powerful motivator – Dean Ornish
76. People look at you strange saying you changed like you worked this hard just to stay the same.
77. People never change. They just start to show their true colours.
78. You cant change people, but you can be the reason they decide to change, but they won’t change until they feel that there is a need to change.
79. Don’t assume you know me by what you’ve heard; I grow daily. Your messenger might have outdated information.
80. Never let your feelings get too deep, people can change at any moment.
81. My theory on life is that life is beautiful. Life doesn’t change. You have a day, and a night, and a month, and a year. We people change – we can be miserable or we can be happy. It’s what you make of your life – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
82. People change and forget to tell each other – Lillian Hellman
83. People change, they grow- Jacob Young
84. We hope President Obama will now respect the will of the people, change course, and commit to making the changes they are demanding. To the extent he is willing to do this, we are ready to work with him – John Boehner
85. Life is about taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past, and realizing people change.
86. People change, and often they become the person they said they will never be.
Quotes About Change and Love
87. The happiest people on earth are not those who live on their terms, but those who change their terms for the one whom they love and respect..
88. Sometimes God calms the storm, but sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms his child. Just like He doesn’t change our situation because He’s trying to change your hearts.
89. You cannot fight fire with fire, so what makes you think you can overcome hatred with anything but love. Wash away those tears and let God calm your fears, circumstances change for the better, when you let God touch your heart. 89.
90. A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.
91. Seeing people change isn’t what hurts. What hurts is remembering who they used to be.
92. “The great tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.”W. Somerset Maugham
93. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the strength to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.” Source Unknown
94. “If you had one phone call to make before you died, who would you call, what would you say, and why are you WAITING?!”. Source Unknown
95. “My darling girl, when are you going to understand that being normal is not neccessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage.”Aunt Frances, from the movie “Practical Magic”
96. “If some things are better left unsaid, then maybe they too are better left undone.”Source Unknown
97. Smiles add value to our face. Love adds value to our heart. Respect adds value to our behavior. And friends and family add value to our life.
98. In life, you have two loves, one who changes the way you see yourself and the world. The other, who puts you back together after you have lost the first.
99. Time has passed. People changed. You lose the ones you love the most. Now you realize what you are meant to do. Live life and forget about those who brought you down.
100. Love is always a gamble, but waiting won’t change the dice. Either you roll them or you lose your turn.
101. Never let your feelings get too deep, people can change at any moment.
102. I can change my status but can’t change the way I feel about you.
103. You start to change when you continually get hurt by that one person who you love, the one who you thought loved you and would never hurt you.
104. Love can change anyone and make them better. Just like you came into my life and turned my normal world into the sweetest.
105. The best love is the one person that makes you a better person without changing you into someone other than yourself.
106. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and thats what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
107. Love isn’t just a word it is more than that. It can change your life and make it better take a chance and say I love you because you will never know if it is your last day on earth.
108. It is not time that changes man nor knowledge the only thing that can change someone’s mind is love.
109. Appreciate your changing body, love your evolving story; and see the big picture. It all fits together because your face tells the story of your life; your changing body is a history of incredible experience.
110. Your love has changed me so very much. People say I am a different person now. I guess when you fall in love, everything changes.
111. I changed myself for you and you changed yourself for someone else.
112. Not many people know when love really starts. More than a friend, but not quite lovers. A delicate relationship like this changes gradually once it is noticed, and keeps on blossoming, Just like the changing seasons.
113. Love is… an understanding so complete that you feel as if you are a part of the other person. Accepting the other person just the way they are, and not trying to change them to be something else.
114. When Love chooses you, you can change yourself, but you can’t change the choice.
115. Accept or change; bitter or better, love or selfishness. These are the options in life that will define our character.
116. Never change for anyone, if they truly love you then the wouldn’t change anything about you.
117. “If you haven’t already made me what I am, you’ve made me what I’ll be!”
118. Love in different exciting ways on a regular basis so that the love you share for that special someone doesn’t become boring and repetitive.
119. You won’t leave until you realize that things won’t change. You’re holding on because you think you can make them fall in love with you.
120. “Don’t let the darkness of the past cover the brightness of the future.”Source Unknown
121. “Love can only be what you want it to be.”Source Unknown
122. “It is said that, ‘You can’t change the world but you can always change yourself.’ So, if you and I start to change then we have already begun changing the world.”Source Unknown
123. “I’m old enough to know better, but too young too care.”1063. “Just because people change and move on with life, it doesn’t mean that they love you any less.” Source Unknown
124. “The more you fight waiting, the more waiting you will have to fight.”
125. “I thought by staying, trying to change you would be worth it baby, but now I see that trying to change you, only changed me!”
126. You only truly love when you learn to accept a person solely for who they are instead of continually trying to change them to what you want them to be.
Inspirational Quotes About Change
127. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” -C.S. Lewis
128. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe
129. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.” -Mark Twain
130. “When in doubt, choose change.” -Lily Leung
131. “If work were so pleasant, the rich would keep it for themselves.” -Mark Twain
132. “Each person’s task in life is to become an increasingly better person.” -Leo Tolstoy
133. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney
134. “Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you’re alive, it isn’t.” -Richard Bach
135. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” –Jim Rohn
136. “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” -Steve Jobs, Stanford commencement address 2005
137. “Fear, uncertainty and discomfort are your compasses toward growth.”
138. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.” -Wayne Gretzky
139. “Even if you stumble, you’re still moving forward.”
140. “Lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at you.” -David Brinkley
141. “May the bridges I burn light the way.” -Dylan McKay
142. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” –Elbert Hubbard
143. “To create more positive results in your life, replace ‘if only’ with ‘next time.’”
144. “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you don’t run you’ve already lost.” –Barack Obama
145. “As soon as anyone starts telling you to be “realistic,” cross that person off your invitation list.” –John Eliot
146. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” –Michael Jordan
147. “In a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” -Warren Buffett
148. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that was given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” –Life’s Little Instruction Book
149. “Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you… yet, someone survived… You can do anything you choose to do.” –Maya Angelou
150. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” -Maria Robinson
151. “If what you’re doing is not your passion, you have nothing to lose.”
152. “Remembering you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” -Steve Jobs, Stanford commencement address 2005
153. “Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” -Henry van Dyke
154. “The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.” -Theodore Roosevelt
155. “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” -Walter Anderson
156. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb
157. “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.” -Bob Proctor
158. “Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.” -Bikram Choudhury.
159. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide
160. “By changing nothing, nothing changes.” -Tony Robbins
161. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” -Anonymous
162. “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” -Deepak Chopra
163. “Live as if you were living for the second time and had acted as wrongly the first time as you are about to act now.” -Viktor Frankl
164. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” -Tony Robbins
165. “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -George Bernard Shaw
Quotes About Change for the Better
166. If you continuously compete with others, you become bitter, but if you continuously compete with yourself, you become better.
167. Shout out that….Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness.I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not
168. what you are going to remember about me.
169. If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.
170. Be What You Wanna Be…Not What Others Wanna See.
171. Life has many ways of testing a persons will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.
172. For One Minute, Walk Outside, Stand There, In Silence, Look Up To The Sky, And Contemplate How Amazing Life Is.
173. Anyone can make you smile, Many people can make you cry, But it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes..
174. We create our own weaknesses and strengths.Our limitations begin in our hearts where we can always replace negative with positive.
175. Forget all the reasons it wont work, and believe the one reason why it will.
176. People change. Feelings fade. Lovers drift. Friends leave.Friends become enemies. Lovers become strangers. You’ll be judged. Life Goes On.
177. Worrying doesn’t take the stress out of tomorrow, but it takes the strength out of today.
178. Never waste time thinking about“What could’ve been”, You’ll miss out on “What could be”.
179. Life throws the bad things at you to make the good things all the more worthwhile.
180. When life gets harder, challenge yourself to be stronger.
181. You can never progress if you are letting things that don’t deserve your attention to continue to bring you down.
182. Live each day like its anew challenge, don’t let the obstacles of yesterday stop you from moving forward.
183. Never expect, never assume, never ask, and never demand. Just let it be. Because if its meant to be, it will happen.
184. Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.
186. A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are for what you have.
187. Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it.Memories are sweet, cherish them.
188. There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book.
189. No matter how bad things are at any one moment, no moment lasts. Good or bad, time moves. And so do you.
190. I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I’ve been hurt but I’m alive. I’m human, I’m not perfect but I’m thankful.
191. Success doesn’t just come and find you, you have to go out and get it.
192. It doesn’t quite matter who you were a decade ago, a year ago, or even yesterday …what matters is who you are today, and will be tomorrow!
Quotes About Changing The World
193. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
194. You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. – Richard Buckminster Fuller
195. Seek the rapids, not the calm of the lake. Take the calm to reflect and prepare for the rapids. If we face permanent white water, we will see the need for and experience change. – Peter Vaille, Author
196. A ship in port is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for. – Navy Admiral Grace Hopper
197. Things remain the same because it is impossible to change very much without changing most of everything. – Ted Sizer, Educator and Author
198. I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change…I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back…. – Erica Jong
199. Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most. – Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
200. We must become the change we wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Ghandi
201. I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. – Mother Teresa
202. If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
203. A tiny change today brings a dramatically different tomorrow. – Richard Bach, One
204. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. – William James
205. You really can change the world if you care enough. – Marian Wright Edelman
206. Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. – Leo Tolstoy
207. If there is no transformation inside of us, all the structural change in the world will have no impact on our institutions. – Peter Block
208. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead, Anthropologist
209. There is nothing more difficult to take in hand or more perilous to conduct…than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. – Niccolo Machiavelli
210. Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. – Barack Obama
211. One of the great liabilities of history is that all too many people fail to remain awake through great periods of social change.
212. Every society has its protectors of status quo and its fraternities of the indifferent who are notorious for sleeping through revolutions.
213. Today, our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant and to face the challenge of change. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
214. The likelihood that your acts of resistance cannot stop the injustice does not exempt you from acting in what you sincerely and reflectively hold to be the best interests of your community. – Susan Sontag, At the Same Time: Essays and Speeches
215. Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late. – Seth Godin