Yearly, more than 3,000,000 candidates enlist for the West African Examination Council (WAEC) exams. After the test days are over, candidates become overwhelmed by their desire to see their test result. WAEC results are often released roughly 45 to 60 days after the final exams. Usually, candidates follow the traditional pattern of checking their results by going to the center where they wrote the examination and look through the result list in order to verify if their name is on the list. However, today, with the advent of technology, WAEC has been able to come up with much easier techniques to let candidates access their WAEC results using the WAEC Scratch Card. This is a paper card with a scratch patch on the reverse side that conceals a PIN required to access the WAECDIRECT service.
Steps To Checking A WAEC Result With WAEC Scatch Card
There are two known options for checking WAEC results using the WAEC Scratch Card:
- Check it online using scratch cards.
- Check it with SMS/Email.
How To Check Your WAEC Result Online With Your Scratch Card
Through the initiative tagged WAECDIRECT Information Service, the examination body aimed at giving students an easier alternative to verifying their WAEC result other than having to queue in front of a board to check for their results. WAECDIRECT was introduced in 2004 and it involves purchasing a scratch card from financial institutions so you can check your result on the internet by using the information on the scratch card.
- Go to WAEC 2020 result checking portal at https://www.waecdirect.org.
- Enter your WAEC Examination Number in the required column.
- Select your Examination Year.
- Select your Examination Type i.e. SCHOOL CANDIDATE RESULT.
- Enter the Card Serial Number.
- Enter the Card PIN.
- Finally, hit the “Submit” button to get your 2020 WAEC Result.
How To Check Your WAEC Result With Your Phone, Via SMS
To check your WAEC result using your phone is quite simple. Your basic requirement for this procedure include:
- Your phone.
- WAEC Scratch card.
- Examination Number.
You can check the WAEC result at your convenience by using your phone. To do this, you will need to follow these footsteps
- Send the easy combination WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear to the short number 32327 from your MTN, Airtel & Glo phone. It should look like WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2018.
- Type the number correctly and make sure that it meets the general requirements. The combination should have no spaces.
- You will have to wait for a little and the result will be delivered to your phone via SMS. This service costs only N30.
NOTE: To check your WAEC 2020 result with a mobile phone, you are required to purchase the WAEC Direct Scratch card. Also try not to send the message on different occasions as only one sending would be sufficient for you at a time.
Can I Check My WAEC Result Without Using a Scratch Card?
You CAN NOT DO without buying a WAEC scratch card at all. Checking and printing of WAEC result at any time require a scratch card which will be used to send the received information to your e-mail. After that, you can use the information you saved there. There is no need to buy another scratch card to view the result again.
To Send result to Your Email:
- Select ‘Send results to Email option’ on the WAEC result checker.
- You are required to log in and enter your email address and click on ‘Submit. (This method will be very useful when you urgently need your WAEC result.)
Alternatively, you can:
- Visit any Guaranty Trust Bank and pick a teller.
- Fill in subtleties including account name, account number, sum, and name of investor which ought to be WAEC Examination number. Afterward, make Payment.
- At once, you will get a message with your pin number and chronic number.
- Visit the website https://www.waecdirect.org/
- Fill in the required subtleties like assessment number, year of assessment, kind of assessment, pin number, and chronic number.
- Click submit to find your result.
Here’s How To Use The WAEC Scratch Card?
- Buy the scratch card.
- Visit www.waecdirect.org.
- Enter your Exam Number and Select Year.
- Select your Exam Type.
- Fill in these Card details and click Submit.
Where Can I Get A WAEC Scratch Card And How Much Does It Cost?
The WAEC scratch card can be purchased at any WAEC national or zonal offices across Nigeria at the rate of N2000. Alternatively, the scratch card can as well be purchased from the roadside reseller’s closet. so whichever works for you, go for it.
Frequently Asked Questions and Solutions on WAEC Result Scratch Card
- How often would I be able to check my outcomes?
Ans: You may check your outcome up to a limit of 5 (five) times with the utilization of 1 (one) e-PIN. To check further in the wake of debilitating the permitted 5 (five) times, you should buy another e-PIN which will qualify you for another 5 (five) result checks.
2. Would I be able to utilize one e-PIN to check more than one outcome?
Ans: No! You may just utilize one e-PIN Voucher to check one outcome. To check another, you will require another e-PIN Voucher. In the event that you abuse an e-PIN Voucher by endeavoring to check another outcome not the same as the first checked, you will be punished as having utilized the e-PIN and will be given the proper blunder message.
3. I have an issue checking my WAEC result Please help?
Ans: Kindly send the accompanying subtleties to [email protected] for confirmation and help
- Blunder message showed
- Your assessment number
- Sort of Exam
- Year of Exam.
You can also visit the closest WAEC office for Further enquirers
4. Can the Result checker e-PIN Voucher purchased in the earlier year be utilized to check the consequence of the current year?
Ans: An outcome checker e-PIN Voucher bought in the earlier year is as yet substantial for use in the following year however note you can just utilize one e-PIN Voucher to check one outcome. To check another (unique) result, you will require another e-PIN Voucher
- I checked my WAEC result with the middle and Examination number being given to me yet I saw another person’s outcome.
Ans: Kindly note that assessment numbers are reused each year and the solitary extraordinary distinction is the assessment year. Kindly change the test year to the year you took your test. In any case, you should buy another WAEC result checker e-PIN Voucher to do this. Much obliged to you.