Every institution has a Students Portal that enables students to access services necessary for their education easily and at their convenience. Due to its competitive nature, gaining admission into the Takoradi Technical University (TTU) is quite challenging hence, only qualified candidates are selected. When you do, you are faced with yet another challenge of knowing how and what to do to get started.
Like most other student portals, the TTU portal was introduced to ease service delivery to students and one of the “MUST DO” things for every student is getting acquainted with the platform. This is why every student is given the Students Portal login credentials; Registration Numbers and Password.
What Can One Do on The TTU Portal?
Once you are logged in, there are a good number of vital services you will gain access to. They include:
- TTU Course Registration;
- TTU Fees payment;
- Checking your semester result;
- Viewing your TTU Admission status and admission letter printing;
- Hostel Booking
- Acceptance fee payment;
- Downloading your TTU transcript;
- Keeping track of the semester academic calendar;
- Applying for extra credit hours;
- Deferment of Admission.
To use the TTU student portal, you need to update your details in the university’s online registry. Therefore, knowing how to process your first registration is vital.
Who Is Allowed to Access the TTU Portal?
- Prospective students (Ghanaians and foreign students)
- First-year students (including undergraduates and postgraduate students)
- Returning or Continuing Students (including undergraduates and postgraduate students)
Basic Requirements to Gain Access to the TTU Student Portal
After a successful admission into the university, you are given a unique Index or Admission number which will be needed for your online registrations. Other basic requirements for you to log in include
- Internet connection.
- Takoradi Technical University Account.
- TTU student login password.
- Internet-enabled device (phone, laptop).
How to Log in to the TTU Student Portal
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Visit the Takoradi Technical University student portal link http://www.ttuportal.com. (this should not be mistaken with the university’s official site http://ttu.edu.gh)
- Locate the link to the TTU student login portal and click on it.
- You will be taken to the page where you can log in.
- Make sure you have your Takoradi Polytechnic account details.
- Enter your student login details in their respective fields.
- Enter your Takoradi Poly student index number in the first section.
- Remove the slash(/) contained in the index number and let everything appear in number. Eg PD/MCS/19/022 becomes PDMCS19022)
- Next, enter your password in the following box.
- Go on to click on the “Login” button to access your account.
- Finally, you will be taken to your student dashboard.
- Alumni can log in to the platform using the index number you are given
- Upon successful login, you will be directed to your homepage.
- Click the items as shown on your homepage/dashboard to monitor your academic, fee payment progression at any point in time
How to Reset Your Lost or Forgotten Log in Credentials
In case you lost or have forgotten your login detail, the following steps will help you regain and reset your login details:
- Visit the TTU portal login platform
- Instead of entering your login details, click on the forgotten password button and follow the processes thereon to retrieve your password
- You can also contact your school’s IT department for help.
TTU Course Registration
- Pay full fees at the designated Banks.
- Log on to the student’s portal site for Registration(www.records.ttuportal.com)
- Check and confirm your personal details.
- Register your courses for the semester.
- If you are registering for the second semester you are then expected to first complete the Lecturer assessment form for the first semester.
- Register for departmental courses for the second semester.
- Print two(2) copies of the registered courses herein referred to as “proof of registration” after the registration.
- Submit “Proof of Registration” to your department for endorsement, and ensure you have a copy for keeps afterward.
How to Check the TTU Academic Calendar and Student Fees Structure
The Takoradi Technical University academic calendar and student fees structure are often released by the school management every academic session. Prospective and returning Students log in to the varsity portal to view the fees schedule payable by both Ghanaian and Foreign students for all programs. They also get to know their academic exam schedule so they could prepare ahead of time. The following steps will help you access the TTU fee structure and calendar:
- Log in to the student portal or visit the TTU official site,
- Click on academics,
- Scroll down beneath the academic button and click on academic calendar to access the calendar for the session
- To locate and print your fees, click on the fees button and follow the instruction in the dialogue box.
TTU Hostel Booking
Getting suitable accommodation at the Takoradi Technical University could be quite challenging but if you must live in the university hostel, you must first apply for it online using your login details
Takoradi Technical University TTU has three traditional halls of residence at the main campus. One modern hall of residence is located at its satellite campus at BU. There are numerous other hostels within close proximity to both campuses that are meant to cater to students of all financial background. To book accommodation in the school’s hostel, the following will guide you
- Visit the TTU portal and enter your login details
- You can also visit the university’s portal https://ttu.edu.gh/
- Locate and click on the student icon, click Hall of residence
- Follow the instruction that follows thereon.
How to Print My TTU Admission Letter
After confirming your Admission Status, you are then eligible to either print or download your TTU admission letter via this link: http://www.ttu.edu.gh/
TTU Student Portal Results
TTU student portal results is a feature that makes it possible for students to view their displayed results for previous semesters as soon as they are posted.
In cases whereby a student has some issues with results on the portal, they can get in touch with their respective head of department or call the results hotlines below: +233 505 284 060 +233 243 348 522 +233 244 453 005 +233 249 685 254
Is TTU Student Portal The Same as The TTU E-learning Portal?
The TTU student portal is definitely different from the TTU E-learning. The latter presents a learning platform for foreign and distant students. However, the platform requires similar login details like the former. You will need your Index/Admission Number to log in to the TTU e-learning portal.
TTU Contact Details
If you are having issues accessing any of the platforms on the Takoradi Technical University (TTU), use the following contact details:
+233 (0) 312 022 917
+233 (0) 312 022 918
Email: [email protected]
Takoradi Technical University
P. O. BOX 256
Takoradi, Western Region