There are up to 6 packages on the DStv South Africa network and they all come with a variety of sassy and interesting channels for viewers of all classes and ages. However, they all are not of the same prices as some packages cost higher than others and this is because they are an upgrade to available entertainment and information channels already existing, but created just to add a sassier touch to your viewing taste.
For so many reasons — to follow TV shows, sports, and hot new movies — viewers may want to upgrade their DStv package or to downgrade because some TV shows and sporting activities are off-season and they may not need those channels for the main time. Whichever the case may be, it is not so difficult to either upgrade or downgrade DStv packages in South Africa to a bouquet of your choice. There are several ways you can easily do that and the following are a detailed guide on any of the ways you prefer.
When To Upgrade Or Downgrade A DStv Package
The selection of a bouquet to either upgrade or downgrade comes first before payment, however, you should note that the changes won’t be done if payment hasn’t been done or confirmed.
This would mean that once the package to upgrade or downgrade to has been selected, the next step is payment and after confirmation of payment, your order will be carried out.
How To Upgrade Or Downgrade DStv Package Through The Self Service Portal On The Dstv Website
The self-service portal on the DSTV official website is the most advisable and easiest method to either upgrade or downgrade your DSTV bouquet. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to get it done
- Visit the DStv website – www.dstvafrica.com and click on the sign-in button to sign in.
- Once on the page, sign in with your login details (your name or mobile number and your smartcard number). For new customers, click on the SIGN UP NOW to register just below the sign-in button.
- Click on the account button to drop down the add or change button. Then you will be shown your current package and other packages you wish to either upgrade or downgrade to choose from.
- Select the new bouquet you wish to switch to, and then click “Next”.
- A payment summary will be shown to you to confirm, select pay to be directed to the DStv payment portal.
- A number of payment platforms will be presented to you to choose from, select your preferred payment platform, and then enter payment details to make payment.
- Once payment is successful, within 2 to3 minutes, your decoder will start viewing.
Other Ways Of Upgrading Or Downgrading DStv Package In South Africa
Apart from visiting the DStv website to carry out our wish on its self-service portal, you can also upgrade or downgrade your DStv package in South Africa through the following ways:
- The self-service using the MyDStv App on your mobile phone.
- The self-service portal through WhatsApp.
- Through the use of USSD code
How To Upgrade Or Downgrade Using The MyDStv App On Your Smart Phone
To upgrade or downgrade using the MyDStv app, you need to have a smartphone. Below are the procedures to follow:
- Visit the app store on your phone; this could be Google play store, Apple store, or your Huawei app store.
- Search, download, and install the MyDStv app on your phone.
- Launch the app and enter your login details (the mobile number you used in registration).
- If you have not registered for new customers, use the web to register first before you can use the app. Only registered account owners can use the app.
- Type your surname on the account profile then click login.
- Once you are in, click on “view all deals” to view all deals.
- Click to tick on your current deal, this will then drop the “change package now” button.
- Click on the change package now button and choose the bouquet you wish to either upgrade to or downgrade to as the case may be.
- Click on the “Next” button after which you will be shown success to indicate that your command or order was successful.
How To Upgrade Or Downgrade DStv Package With Self Service Through WhatsApp
Dstv self-service is now on WhatsApp and you can get a lot done through it. You can get basic step-by-step help for everything, including upgrade or downgrade of your bouquet. To get started, take the following steps:
- Go to the official DStv website to get their WhatsApp number being displayed there.
- Copy and save the number on your phone contact.
- Go to your WhatsApp contacts and search for the name you saved the contact with.
- Start a conversation by just typing hello and then follow the prompt messages.
How To Upgrade Or Downgrade DStv Package With USSD Code
By dialing *120*68584# on your cellphone, you can follow the command prompt to upgrade and downgrade your DStv bouquet from the safety and comfort of your home. Its greatest advantage is that without data, you can still catch up with your favorite shows on TV.
Apart from upgrading and downgrading, you can also use this means to check what you owe, clear errors, view transactions, and reconnect packages.
Requirements Needed To Upgrade Or Downgrade A DStv Package
To be able to successfully upgrade or downgrade a DStv package, the following requirements must be met:
- You must be a registered customer.
- You must have login details.
- You must have a mobile number.
- You must have a smartcard number.
When Can I Downgrade My DStv Package?
You can downgrade your DStv package from a higher package to a lower one and this can be done online either through the self-service on the website, WhatsApp, or the mobile app. You can downgrade once a month on the day your subscription payment is due.
Can I Upgrade My DStv Bouquet After Payment?
Yes, upgrading your DStv bouquet to a higher package is usually done after payment, however, the various platforms provided allows you to select the bouquet you wish to upgrade to first and then provide you with a payment platform to pay, and once your payment is confirmed, your order will be carried out. It’s as easy as that.