The mastery of the various ways of purchasing airtime using different platforms is a necessity for every financial institution customer. As such, First Bank has brought better options than the daunting task of getting a recharge card from a vendor and scratching the protective surface before recharging. Customers can now use the *894# code or carry out their transactions using the Automatic Teller Machine, online banking platform, or the mobile app options. To purchase airtime through the various First Bank platforms, customers should follow the right procedures to make their transaction successful. These procedures are provided to make sure that customers make risk-free transactions, including airtime purchases.
How To Buy Airtime Using First Bank USSD Code
Recharging airtime with the First Bank USSD doesn’t require you to have mobile data on your phone and you don’t need a smartphone for it. It is simply done by dialing the code *894#. The USSD code is not modified for airtime alone but can also be used by customers to carry out other bank transactions.
Requirements For The First Bank Airtime Recharge Via USSD Code
To make a successful airtime recharge using the First Bank USSD code, the following should be made available.
- You must have a phone with available network coverage (no internet needed)
- The phone number to make the airtime recharge should be linked to your First Bank account number
- Your debit card should be handy
- It would help if you also had a transfer PIN issued on the collection of your debit card
- It would be best if you have up to the required amount to recharge in your account.
Self Recharge Using *894#
This self-recharge option is strictly for First Bank account holders. To get this done, follow the steps:
- Press *894# on your phone and many options will be displayed on your phone screen.
- Click on the recharge option from the displayed list.
- Click on the number representing self.
- If you have two accounts with First Bank, choose the account that you intend to recharge from.
- Input the amount that you want to recharge and select OK.
Customers can use the one-way method by dialing *894* amount#. E.g., *894*100#, and the customer’s phone will be credited with N100 airtime.
Airtime Recharge For Others Using *894#
This procedure is used for recharging airtime for other phone numbers aside from the phone number linked to your First Bank account number. To carry this out, follow the steps:
- Press *894# on your mobile phone with the phone number linked to your account.
- Choose the airtime option.
- Click on others.
- Choose the account number you intend to recharge from if you have more than one account with the bank.
- Input the phone number that you want to recharge.
- Input your transfer PIN and select OK.
Another method that customers can use in carrying out this airtime recharge for others is by dialing *894*amount*receiver’s mobile number#. E.g., *894*100*09050000000# and the receiver’s phone number will be credited with N100.
It is noteworthy that there is a time limit in completing the recharge command for both self and others. A request using *894# is expected to be responded to before 20 seconds or it will be timed out. In a case where the airtime recharge is affected by bad network coverage, customers should give it some time and retry when the network coverage is normal.
*894# Can Be Used By All Network Providers
In First Bank of Nigeria, there are different network providers linked to various account numbers within the bank. This doesn’t affect the airtime recharge services from the bank. The airtime recharge process with a First Bank account using USSD Code is the same for MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, 9MOBILE, and other network providers. The network provider only gains access to First Bank USSD Code when the user links it to the account number.
Airtime Recharge Using An ATM Machine
Airtime recharge can also be carried out effectively using an Automatic Teller Machine. The following requirements are necessary if you want to purchase airtime from First Bank using the ATM:
- An active ATM
- Have your debit card handy
- Your transfer PIN
- The phone number that you wish to recharge
How To Buy Airtime Using An ATM Machine
- Insert your debit card into the ATM
- Input your transfer PIN
- Select the airtime recharge option
- Choose your account type (Savings or Current)
- Choose the amount you wish to recharge
- Confirm the detailed information that the monitor will display and proceed
End your transaction and extract your debit card from the machine. Your network provider will credit your mobile phone number with the equivalent amount that you recharged.
Airtime Recharge Using The First Bank Mobile App
This is an advanced means of recharging your mobile number. To be eligible to use this platform to recharge your phone number, customers should do the following:
- Download the First Bank Mobile App on your device from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Sign up on the mobile app to be able to get your login details. As a first-time user, you will be required to visit any First Bank branch.
- Choose the Two-Factor Authentication Method (2FA), which is also known as Two-Step Verification. This confirmation process requires you to send yourself a code through text or a phone call, which serves as a security check.
- You have to read through the user agreement and accept the terms.
- Create your login username and password, which you will use for your online banking platform. If it meets the protective standards, then your dashboard will appear. Be sure to memorize the login details for future use.
How to Buy Airtime Using the First Bank Mobile App
Before you can do this, you must have gone through the steps above. You should take the following steps for a successful airtime recharge:
- Open the downloaded mobile app.
- Input your username and password correctly.
- Type in your recipient’s mobile phone number.
- Input the amount that you wish to recharge.
- Input the account number that you wish to recharge from if you have two accounts with First Bank.
- Input your PIN to confirm the airtime purchase.
- Click on submit.
The recipient’s network provider will credit the mobile number with the specific amount you recharged through the mobile App.
Airtime Recharge Using The First Bank Online Banking Platform
Customers can carry out airtime recharge with the First Bank online banking platform. To complete the airtime recharge on the online banking platform, the following is needed:
1. Register on the First Bank online banking portal using the link and fill in the following:
- Card number.
- Card pin.
- Preferred user ID, verify the user ID, and continue.
2. Your username and password.
3. The linked phone number to your bank account should be available.
4. Your transaction PIN.
5. A stable data connection.
How To Buy Airtime Using The Online Banking Platform
- Login into the First Bank online banking portal by clicking on the link.
- Input the username and password, which gives you access to your dashboard.
- Type in the receiver’s phone number.
- Enter the amount that you wish to recharge.
- Type in the confirmation code sent to your mobile number.
Purchasing Airtime Using The First Bank Debit Card on Quickteller
To buy airtime with the First Bank debit card, register with Quickteller by visiting the link and following steps:
- Fill in your email, first name, last name, and phone number in the appropriate columns.
- Select a password that must meet Quickteller specifications.
- Select sign up.
- The bank will send an activation code to your email.
- Go to your email to confirm your account. You can do this by clicking the link sent to your inbox.
- Your debit card should be handy.
How To Buy Airtime Using The Quickteller Option
If the above requirements are reached, you can recharge your mobile number using Quickteller following the steps.
- Login to Quickteller through the app or portal.
- Input your username and password.
- Type in your email and password.
- Input the recipient number.
- Select the required amount.
- Enter your debit card number, CVV, and debit card expiry date.
- Confirm the code sent to your phone and the email you used in opening your account.
- Input the code to approve the airtime recharge.
The First Bank Phone Number
The number referred to as the First Bank Phone number is simply the mobile number you included when you were filling the account opening form, which is used to receive alerts from your bank. This mobile number represents you in the bank; it serves as the fastest means of communication between you and the bank. The phone number is a channel to confirm if you are the account’s legitimate owner that initiated a transaction. That is why the bank sends authentication codes or tokens to this number to have a two-step verification of certain transactions before initiating them.
Importance Of The First Bank Phone Number
The bank phone number system helped the self banking in a lot of ways. It hosted a complete security measure in mobile banking. One can easily change the phone number when suspecting a security threat on his bank account. Again, without having access to a bank-registered SIM card, you can not initiate any transaction. That is why it is advised that you protect your SIM card with a security code to avoid immediate access to your account when it falls into the wrong hands.
Your First Bank phone number helps you to gain access to the following transactions:
- Check your account balance.
- Make account information available.
- Purchase airtime for your mobile phones and other phones.
- Transfer fund.
- Initiate e-commerce operations.
- Conduct two-factor security.
- Activate mobile online banking.
- Freeze account.
- Change passwords.
When a scammer gets ahold of your SIM card for few minutes, any of the above-listed uses could be tempered with. They can go as far as siphoning all the funds in your account.
Reasons To Change First Bank Phone Number
There are so many reasons why one can decide to switch to another phone number for bank transactions. The reason may not be on security threat, but it is not excluded as an important purpose that might warrant a change of number. Most times, people tend to neglect these reasons and fall prey to fraudsters.
- Low Network Coverage: When you find yourself in an area with poor network coverage, this can seriously affect the use of mobile banking if you continue using that particular phone number with the network problem. You may not receive your verification code before the time runs out, thereby making transactions stressful.
- SIM Security Threats: This is the most important reason why you should change your bank phone number. Most times, you get a transaction alert you didn’t initiate, or you experience an alert of authentication code without you doing any online transaction.
- Loss of SIM Card: If you notice you are looking for your SIM card, visit any ATM and use your Debit card to stop any further transaction until you get to the bank to change your bank phone number.
The Procedures For Changing The First Bank Phone Number Online
To change your phone number online with regards to the aforementioned issues, follow the steps:
- Access their portal by clicking on the link.
- Select the Online Banking tab.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on the information update tab from the menu.
- Click on the edit phone number.
- Add your new phone number.
- Confirm the mobile phone number that you added.
- Now move to the security confirmations.
- Save your changes.
After filling and submitting this accurately, your new phone number is changed. Remember, you must be registered on this first bank online banking portal to have access. If going through this process will pose any challenge, you can still go to the bank to meet customer care and request to change your phone number.
The services related to any of the above airtime recharge options and phone number changes are not time-based. It does not have time restrictions, and it operates during the day and at night. If the First Bank mobile app is not available for recharging your phone number, you can use the USSD code, ATM, or online banking system.