The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is Nigeria’s entrance examination board for tertiary institutions. The board is known for conducting examinations for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities. JAMB is also charged with the responsibility of administering similar examinations for applicants to Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of education. Every year, JAMB conducts a test that determines if a student will be admitted into a higher institution and millions of candidates register for the examination.
Following technological advancements, everything about a candidate’s JAMB registration is now done on the online portal. The JAMB official website and registration method have also changed over the years. Now, checking your admission status, examination center, plus your result printing will be done on this portal. Furthermore, you now have to register or create a profile with JAMB and proceed to get an E-Pin before you are allowed to do any registration on the website. It is therefore mandatory for all anticipating JAMB applicants to strictly adhere to the new and most important instructions provided by the examination body.
Why You Need To Create a JAMB Profile
Creating a JAMB profile means opening an account with JAMB on their portal to enable them to capture your details. This process also avails you the opportunity to duly register for your JAMB exam as all documents you need to upload during the registration are done on the JAMB portal by logging in with the profile username and password.
JAMB profile creation also makes it easier and faster for aspirants to complete their registration just by logging into the JAMB Portal. Overall, you must first create a profile before proceeding with the JAMB registration.
How to Create a Jamb Profile
The method for creating a JAMB profile has changed. Before now, you only need to login to the JAMB portal to create your profile but with recent changes, there are basically three methods you can follow to create your profile with the board. You could use the SMS method, or visit their website. The third method is through the JAMB app installed on your smartphone.
Note: For those who create their profile through the SMS option, your username is simply your email address.
JAMB Profile Creation: The Online Method
- Visit the JAMB registration portal
- Enter your email in the first two spaces provided, then select a question and type a secret answer in the last 2 spaces. The secret question and answer will be required if you forget the password to your profile on the JAMB portal, so, ensure you always remember your selected question and the corresponding answer.
- Click on “Verify Email” and a link will be sent to your email.
- From your email inbox, open the mail sent from “noreply@JAMB.gov.ng”. The message should be titled “Email Address Confirmation”.
- Click on the link that says “Click here to continue your Profile Creation”. If you are unable to locate or click on the link, ensure the email is not in your SPAM/JUNK folder. If it is, move it into your inbox to access the link.
NOTE: The email sent to you also include a unique code which you must keep safe as you will be needing it when you go to register at the CBT centre. Ensure you do not delete the email or you can copy the unique code to somewhere safe.
How to Create a JAMB Profile Through SMS
- To create a new profile via SMS, send your surname, first name, middle name as SMS from your phone to 55019.
- Ensure the names are in the specified order and separated from each other by a space. e.g. Adewale Chukwu Adamu.
- One cellphone number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only.
- You will be charged N50.
- You will receive a confirmation code of 10 characters on the same phone number you used to procure the ePIN.
- To retrieve a lost confirmation code, send a text message (from the registered number) with “RESEND” to 55019.
PLEASE NOTE: Ensure you go through your details before sending them to avoid mistakes. But in cases where there are mistakes on the names submitted, you can resend the names via SMS, using the same phone number. The SMS format should be “CORRECT surname first name middle name” to 55019
JAMB Profile Creation Using the Mobile App
You can also create your JAMB profile using the JAMB mobile application installed on your smartphone. This method of registration was introduced by the board in 2019 and the steps to follow are as simple as the other methods.
- Download the JAMB mobile application from the Google app store and install
- Open the App and click “Sign Up”
- Enter your email address
- Confirm your email Address
- Select any security question you can be able to remember
- Enter the secret answer to your question
- Confirm the secret answer you entered above. Click “Continue’
- On the next page, enter a password and confirm it
- Enter your basic details, including date of birth and confirm
- Enter your country, state of origin, and local government area
- Click on Sign Up
How To Login To Your Jamb Profile In 2021
Now that you know your JAMB profile email and password, the next thing that comes to mind is how to use it to login and check your profile. Simply follow the steps below to access your Jamb profile without issues:
- Visit jamb official portal at jamb.org.ng/efacility
- Enter your email address
- Enter the password given to you at the approved CBT centre
- Click on Login to access your profile dashboard.
Things You Can Do on the JAMB Portal
- Checking and printing of JAMB exam center or venue
- Checking and printing of JAMB exam date
- Checking and printing of JAMB result
- Checking and printing of JAMB admission letter
- Correction of mistakes on JAMB
- Uploading and verifying your O’level documents
How To Reset Your JAMB 2021 Profile Password
- To reset your JAMB profile password, just visit the website
- Locate the forgot password button and click on it
- Once it’s open, enter your email address and click on password reset
- You will receive a message through your email that will contain details and a link to reset your password.
SMS Method For Retrieving JAMB Profile Password
- Send PASSWORD and email as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. Password firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive your already Purchased Direct Entry PIN again, send DEPIN as SMS from your unique phone number to 55019.
- To receive the guide on how to use this service, send HELP as an SMS from your phone to 55019.
How To Check Your Admission Status On the JAMB Portal
Checking your admission status is one of the many things you can do with your Jamb profile. Follow these steps to check details that concern your admission.
- Go to JAMB E-facility portal.
- Log in to your profile with your username and password.
- Scroll down to locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button.
- Select your exam year and supply your registration number in the required columns.
- Click on the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button to access your JAMB admission status.
How to Verify Your O’Level Result on JAMB Portal
It is very important to verify whether your O’level result has been uploaded on the JAMB portal or not as failure to do this can affect your admission status. If you are yet to upload your result, you either visit any nearby accredited JAMB CBT center or JAMB office to help you out. However, if you choose to do so by your self, these steps will be of help:
- Scan your WAEC result and have it uploaded on your profile page.
- Open the Jamb portal on your computer or phone.
- Log in to your profile using the name and password used when registering for JAMB.
- Click on upload O’level to upload your result.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to activate your uploading process.
- Be sure you have saved the data on your profile page.
- If you have more than one result to upload, then you can do so by specifying the number of sessions and add the results for each of them.
Note: You can also follow this method to upload your NABTEB results. To verify if your O’level result has been uploaded, the following steps will guide you:
- Login to your JAMB profile.
- Click on Check Admission Status.
- Click on Access my CAPS.
- Click on My O’level result to confirm if your O’level document is uploaded.