Part of The Ghanaian government’s digitalization agenda includes the development of an online result-checking system through which candidates who participated in the entry exams for nursing and midwifery under the NMC can check their results. Intending enrollees who wrote the licensing examination can now sit in the comfort of their homes and offices to access their results, thanks to the digitalization agenda. All they need to do is purchase a result checker scratch card at the cost of GHC 10 and follow a few easy steps to display their results on the screen of their devices.
Apart from checking the results of the Nursing and Midwifery Council exams, there are still many more things that can be done on the portal. For this write-up, we will be looking at the online services rendered by the NMC in Ghana and the steps involved in checking your results, both with the aid of a scratch card and without it.
Ghana NMC Procedure for Checking Results Online
There are two approved methods of checking NMC results online: one involves the use of a result-checking scratch card while the other can be done by generating a code.
For Candidates With Scratch Card
Candidates who wish to check their Nursing and Midwifery Council results online are expected to visit any of the NMC Regional Offices across the country to purchase a scratch card at the sum of GHC 10.00 (Ten Ghana Cedis).
Important to note that the only designated centers where you can obtain the scratch card is the Nursing and Midwifery Council Regional Offices in the country and no other place. Once you have access to the scratch card, follow the steps below to view your results.
- Visit the Nursing and Midwifery Council website here
- Click on the “Check Results” icon
- Enter the Index Number/Scratch Code, alongside the Card Serial Number
- Note, the Scratch Card Code, and Card Serial Number must be typed without leaving any space – this is a good example 12345678912301235
- Go ahead and check the results
- This will display the details of your NMC results on the screen within a short while
How To Access Your NMC Results Without the Use Of a Scratch Card
- Those candidates who wish to access their results without scratch cards can navigate to the next page to select generate code
- Enter your contact number alongside your index number and proceed to click on the “Generate Code” icon
- The code will be generated and sent to you via an SMS
- Now, move to check “Check results” and click on it, then enter your code and index number
- Note, the Code and Serial Number must be typed without leaving any space – this is a good example 12345678912301235
- Your results will be displayed in no time at all
How Many Times Can One Check Their NMC Results With the Same Scratch Card?
After you have used your result-checking scratch card to access your NMC results online, do not discard the card as it can still be useful. According to the Nursing and Midwifery Council, you can use the same scratch card to check results up to five times. Thus, even if you don’t have the need to check yours again, it can be loaned to a friend. After you have exhausted the five chances, you can purchase a new one at the same price of GHC 10; this also entitles you to five result checks.
What Should Candidates Who Encounter Challenges with Checking Their Results Do
The Nursing and Midwifery Council recognizes the fact that candidates face challenges with logging on to the portal to check their NMC results. Affected candidates should carefully note the following;
- Purchasing the result checker scratch card must be from the NMC office and while scratching it to get the secret code, ensure that you did not mutilate the number.
- Check the bottom of the card to get a 5-digit number displayed there; this number is your serial number and must be keyed in with the secret code.
- If the challenges continue to repeat after all these, the NMC can be contacted.
For further information, google [email protected] or call the following numbers
For Candidates Who Passed the Required Subject
Once you have your results displayed, check if you were able to scale through all the required subjects and if you are one of the lucky ones, then, it is time to do your registration. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Proceed to do your registration by clicking on the “Register Now” button
- When the registration form is displayed, go ahead and fill it with accurate information
- Once you are done with filling and are satisfied that everything is in order, hit on the submit button.
- Candidates must remember to print a hard copy of their registration form for the approved persons to endorse; this is specified on the Reg form.
- Payment of the approved registration fee entails going to a branch of Republic Bank of your choice where the money will be deposited.
- With payment made, proceed to the Regional Office of NMC to submit your form; note, the form you submit must be well-populated, endorsed, and must be submitted alongside the pay-in-slip you collected from Republic Bank.
- Also, candidates who do not have operative Republic Bank branches in their region will be permitted to make payment using the banker’s draft.
Other Online Services Offered By The Nursing and Midwifery Council
Besides checking the results of your NMC exams, the nursing council equally moved some other services online and they include:
- On the result checking portal, there is a “Register Now” icon through which successful candidates can complete their registration.
- Successful candidates for the Nursing examinations visit https://nmi.nmc.gov.gh/blog/public to get information about their induction into the nursing council. They can download the induction forms and complete their registration online
- Another good example of their online services is the recruitment procedures. Intending enrollees can now log onto the portal when recruitment commences and apply for different job positions.
- Interested candidates can apply for Nursing And Midwifery Training College by visiting https://healthtraining.gov.gh.
- Candidates and nurses alike can leverage the NMC website to print out hard copies of important documents.
- Any other information about the NMNC can be accessed online