With the increase in the need to adapt to the cashless policy of financial transactions, we find ourselves having to make more money transfers rather than paying via cash. As a result, banks like Access Bank have provided several means to make transactions easier and faster. Among these means are USSD codes through which customers can transact without the use of data or airtime. The service is available to all customers with individual accounts who have registered phone numbers ( MTN, Airtel, GLO, or 9Mobile) with the bank. There is also the option of ATM cards, Access Mobile Banking App, and the Access Online Banking platform which we explore further below.
The Step By Step Registration Process For Access Bank Online Banking
Access Bank online banking is called Access Online and its registration is done completely via the designated Access Bank website for that purpose. This means no Access Bank customer can register on Access Online using a USSD code or when they are offline.
To get started on your registration on Access Online, all you need is to follow the steps below:
- The first step is to ensure that you have a functioning Access Bank account and the details you used to open the account. This includes a valid phone number and email address.
- Visit the website – www.accessbankplc.com
- When the website is fully loaded, go to the “internet banking” link on the top right corner of the page, a drop-down box will appear showing two buttons, “Individual” and “Business”.
- Click on “Individual” and you’ll be taken to a different page containing a login form. Beneath the form, you will see some other links. Click on the “sign up” link.
- On the signup page, enter your valid account number and submit.
- An authentication code will be sent to your registered email and mobile number and you will be requested to input this on the page.
- After authentication, you will be taken to a different page where you will choose your username, password, and secure image.
- Input all the necessary information then accept the terms and conditions and submit.
- This will bring you to the end of the Access Online registration process and you can now login to your Access Online account with your login details.
How Do I Login On the Access Online Portal?
Now that you have successfully registered for your access online account, you can log into your Access Online account by going to the “Individual” internet banking page you used during the registration process. The steps below will get you there:
- Visit the Access Online homepage
- Navigate to the “Internet Banking” section and select “Individual”
- You will be redirected to a page where you will enter your Username
- After that, select continue and follow the other prompts
- When you have successfully provided all your details, you will be logged in to your Access Online account
How Can A Username or Password Be Retrieved?
If you forget your Access Online account username or password, there is no need to panic because you can recover them easily on the portal. All you have to do is to follow the steps below and your password or username will be retrieved.
- Go to the Access Bank website and navigate to the Internet Banking section
- Select “Individual” from the drop-down box
- When the login page loads, click on the “Forgotten username or password” link under the username field.
- You will be shown two options; “Reset password” and “Retrieve Username”. Click on the one that applies to you and follow the prompts. If both apply to you, retrieve your username first then your password.
- For username retrieval, you will need to input the mobile number used to register for your bank account as well as your mobile number. However, for password retrieval, you will need to input your username and the Access Bank account number you used to set up the online account.
- After you have provided the necessary information for either your username retrieval or password retrieval, an authentication code will be sent to your registered email and mobile number. Get the code and input it in the space provided to complete the retrieval process.
The Different Things You Can Do On the Access Online Portal
Upon successful registration on the Access Online platform, you will be able to perform a range of activities as well as make diverse transactions via your account as soon as you log in. Some of the things you will do with ease include:
- Checking an account balance
- Making transfers to other accounts within and outside Access bank
- Foreign currency transfers
- Schedule payments
- Credit card repayment
- Upload Documents
- View your account information
- Request and receive your account statement
- Payment of Bills like electric bill, TV bills, etc
- Card Management
- Request a loan and manage loans
- Easily see where nearby physical branches of the bank are located
- Reset hardware tokens
- Make and manage investments
FAQs About Access Bank Online Banking
Like all online banking packages, customers tend to have diverse questions about how to effectively make use of the platform. So far, some of the common questions about Access Online are:
Q1. What Device Can I Use to Access My Online Account?
Answer: Any internet-enabled device can be used to access your access online account. All you need to do is type the URL in your browser. This means that you can easily use your mobile phone, tablet, personal computer, or even an internet-enabled smartwatch to log into your Access Online account.
Q2. Can I Make Transfers to Other Countries?
Answer: Yes, you can make transfers from your account to accounts in other countries using the Access Online platform.
Q3. Are There Any Hidden Charges for Using Access Online?
Answer: No, the Access Online platform is free to use for all Access Bank customers. There are no hidden charges that apply from using the app. Only the regular bank card charges are charged.
Q4. Can I Obtain a Hardware Token Using Access Online?
Answer: Hard/soft tokens are issued physically at any access bank branch closest to you. The token comes at a cost of ₦1,500.