Challenges come up every now and then in relationships and often times than not, remembering love quotes and songs can play a very important role in keeping things together. Girls are much more romantic when they realize that their man is listening to romantic love songs because of them; it will only make the girl like you the more. A lot of people dread long distance relationships and consider it as high risk. This seems true because since it apparently requires more of everything to keep it on fire: more trust, more communication.
When you are in a long distance relationship, you are stuck in love but apart from each other in way too many moments, seeking solace in love. At such times, music and long distance relationship quotes play much of a role in keeping your love alive and long distance relationship songs are a great way to make this happen. In a type of relationship involving millions of couples across the globe living an average of 100 miles apart, with a very high risk of break up (up to 40%) and expected to stay an average of 12 – 14 months before moving in to live together, you cannot but become committed to looking for ways to make your relationship work and that is where Long Distance Love Songs comes in.
There are a lot of songs for long distance relationship out there that hardly fit into the situation and you have to realize that you don’t need sad love songs and songs of betrayal if you want to keep yourself from becoming paranoid neither do you need a lot of merry and “missing love” kind of songs as they will only activate your tear glands and will shut them from getting dried up.
50 Best Long Distance Love Songs
1. Here without you – 3 Doors Down
This is one of the greatest long distance relationship songs. Although it was released as far back as 2002, it should make a place on your playlist if you are into a thousand mile apart relationship. The lyrics are amazing, it has a way of bringing you closer to your loved one when you are apart from each other. Lyrics like the ones in this song make it great for long-distance relationships.
2. From Where You Are – Lifehouse
This song does a lot of magic whether you are in a long distance relationship or you want to get back to old times. Both the rhythm and lyrics are very good.
3. Get Here – Oleta Adams
The lyrics start like this:
You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by railway
You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind
You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man
I don’t care how you get here, just – get here if you can
4. Many the Miles- Sara Bareilles
The song’s question says it all: “How far do I have to go to get to you?”
5. Far Away– by Nickelback
Nickelback’s lead singer has a knack for sad lyrics–you can feel the pain in his voice in this 2006 hit song.
6. I Don’t Wanna Live Forever- Taylor Swift & Zayn Malik
Released in 2017, this has made it as one of the greatest long distance relationship songs ever.
7. Daylight- Maroon 5
Very different from most others, this is a song about a lover has to leave the other to return and get back to the long-distance relationship.
8. You are not alone – Michael Jackson
From the king of pop, this song has been the favorite for many since the 1990s, and it is still that great.
9. Half a Heart- One Direction
10. Kiss me through the phone – Soulja Boy
Although this is a rap song, it still serves for someone that loves the genre of music or if you are not in the blues mood.
11. Hello- Adele
This is rather different from most others, but it is likewise really great. It is a song for a relationship that has suffered or probably broken with the emphasis still on long distance.
12. Be Alright – Justin Bieber
Even though this song came out much earlier when Bieber was much younger, he is still able to capture what happens in a long distance relationship.
13. Missing you now – Michael Bolton
Lionel Richie, Kenny Rogers, Boys II Men, and a few others including Michael Bolton are some of the few that would always get the relationship songs right. Not just long distance.
14. A Thousand Years- Christina Perri
This song has a very simple lyrics:
I have died every day, waiting for you
Darling, don’t be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I’ll love you for a thousand more
15. 93 Million Miles – Jason Mraz
With songs like I Won’t Give Up and Lucky, Jason has released a good number of interesting LDR songs.
16. How long – Lionel Richie
When it comes to relationship songs in general, there are hardly any people that do it better than Lionel Richie.
17. No air – Jordin Sparks ft Chris Brown
18. Always and forever– Luther Vandross
This may pass as one of the best songs to be released by Luther Vandross.
19. I get lonely too – Drake
This song is a remix of TLC’s Fanmail. The song may be among the best long distance relationship songs for someone with a relationship that is beginning to suffer.
20. Proof– Paramore
For people that cant stand soft music, this rock song is likewise great.
21. long distance – Bruno Mars
Originally sung by Brandy, this is a very great long distance song which was remixed by Bruno Mars.
22. Need You Now- Lady Antebellum
It’s a quarter after one, I’m all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn’t call but I lost all control and I need you now
And I don’t know how I can do without, I just need you now
23. Hey there Delilah – Plain White T’s
The song was released in 2005 on the album: All That We Needed. It immediately became a favorite for many people. And for DLR, it is way too cool.
24. Immortality – Celine Dion
This song was released in 1997. The song like many others from Celine Dion has shown clearly that the woman is one of the best when it comes to long-distance relationship songs that are really deep and can get you in the mood.
25. Keep Holding On – Avril Lavigne
Avril is most definitely a darling among those in long distance relationships. She gives hope and keeps the fire burning.
26. Queen Of My Heart– Westlife
You may find yourself stuck on the replay with this LDR song. It tells of lovers who both have to part because they both need to fly, but then they still belong together even when away.
27. Whenever you call – Mariah Carey feat Brian Mcknight
This song has been around since the 1990s and it hasn’t changed a thing for LDR.
28. Don’t know much – Aron Nevil
While there are people who may not agree with this as an LDR song, it still works a lot.
29. My Heart Will Go on – Celine Dion
Among other long distance relationship songs this definitely has a great spot with both rhythm and lyrics that hold.
More Long Distance Relationship Songs:
30. Forget me not – Patrice Rushen
31. Love Shoulda Brought You Home – Toni Braxton
32. Right here waiting – Richard Marx
33. The promise – Tracy Chapman
34. I guess that’s why they called it the Blues – Elton John
35. Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers
36. Your call – Secondhand Serenade
37. I Knew Love You – Savage Garden
38. I wanna grow older with you – DJ Limmer
39. Crazy For You– Adele
40. Runnin’ (Lose It All)– Naughty Boy ft. Beyoncé, Arrow Benjamin
41. Wait for me – Rebecca St James
42. Like I’m Gonna Lose You – Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend
43. Never Gonna Leave Your Side – Daniel Bedingfield
44. Beating Heart – Ellie Goulding
45. I Just Called To Say I Love You- Stevie Wonder
46. All This Time– One Republic
47. Stay With You– Goo Goo Dolls
49. Don’t forget to write – Last Winter
50. The Heart of Life– John Mayer
The above list comprises of some of the best long distance relationship songs that can help you in times of loneliness. Use the comment box below to add the ones that helped you through but not on the list. You can check out some of the most romantic quotes for your boyfriend.