Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) is one of the best Nigerian banks that is built on a strong foundation. GTBank generates a yearly revenue above N170 bn (more than $1 billion. The innovative nature of the bank and their consistent more towards easy financial operations without compromising security has earned them a reputable title in the Nigerian banking sector. They operate a service called Non Resident Nigerian Account (NRN) that allows Nigerians who are non-resident in the country to open and run their GTBank account hassle free. The account provides you with access to a wide range of products; some of which include Savings and Current accounts, Investment in Money Market instruments, eBanking services and Card products as well as access to their ultra modern Contact centre: GTConnect.
This innovative banking service offers Nigerians in diaspora the chance to open and run a normal Nigerian bank account from anywhere in the world.
Requirements For Opening a Guaranty Trust Bank Non Resident Nigerian Account
1. A carefully completed GTBank Account Opening Form which can be downloaded online (click here to download form online from GTBank official website) or it can be gotten from any of the GTBank Branch.
2. One Passport Photograph that shows your full face forward.
3. An original copy of any of the following means of Identification of Signatory:
- Valid Nigerian International passport/Foreign International passport if you are a foreigner.
- Valid National Driver’s license (must still be valid and clearly showing your full face)
- Valid National Identity Card
Usually no other form of identification is accepted
4. Copy of any of the following:
- Duly filled Banker’s Confirmation form
- Utility bill issued within the last three months for the address stated on the form (to be notarized by a Notary Public or confirmed by the Nigerian embassy if foreign).
- Bank or Credit statement issued within the last three months showing customer address.
Any of these documents should bear an address that corresponds to the one you would like to use as your contact address with Guaranty Trust Bank and should not be more than 3 months old
a. References (either (I) or (II) below)
(I) a. One reference letter which may be obtained from a current Banker or Banker’s confirmation.
b. One authentic reference letter issued to you by a Current account holder in Nigeria with any Nigerian Bank.
(II) Two Reference Letters from a Current account holder (Nigerian) with any Nigerian Bank.
Note the following:
1. For your application to be valid and treated, all identification documents including bank or credit statement must be issued/ bear a date that is within the last three months, and utility bills (if foreign) must be notarized by a notary public, sighted at the Nigerian Embassy or by an officer at GTBank in the UK
2. If you want to open a Joint account on Non Resident Nigerian Account platform, kindly attach a notarized copy of your marriage certificate.
2. Non Resident Nigerians who have Current accounts with Guaranty Trust Bank UK do not require references to open an NRN account.