Charles Michael Davis is an American actor, model, and photographer who has established a name for himself in the showbiz industry through his charismatic works in various films and series.
The handsome actor is best recognized for his role as Marcel in the television drama, The Originals. Read on to discover more interesting facts about Davis.
Age – Charles’ Rise to Fame
Charles Michael Davis was born on December 1, 1984, in Dayton, Ohio, United States. There is little or no information regarding his early life, background, and education.
The Ohio indigene attended Miami University, Oxford, and Wings Model Management in Cincinnati. He kicked off his professional career as a model after signing with the talent agency Actors, Models, and Talent for Christ (AMTC).
As a model, he appeared in commercials and print ads for Nike and Footlocker. Davis dynamic personality was soon noticed in the television industry and by the year 2005, he began making minor role appearances on the small screen.
Charles has featured in some notable television shows which include Disney Channel’s That’s So Raven, where he portrayed the character of Trevor; as Liam on the 2011 ABC Family series Switched at Birth and a recurring role as Kwan Kirkland a quarterback for the San Diego Sabers, on The Game (2011). Thereafter, he appeared as Marcel on The Vampire Diaries and as Dr. Jason Myers on Grey’s Anatomy. In 2013, Davis landed himself a lead role on the CW television drama, The Originals, a spinoff of The Vampire Diaries.
Davis has also featured in several Hollywood movies including The Proposal and Battle Scars. The entertainer has so far, had quite an accomplished career and can comfortably add ‘director’ to his resume. In 2017, he confidently jumped from being a performer to a director. Without hesitations, as inspired by Paul Wesley, Davis took control over the massive Originals set and stepped behind the lens, making his directorial debut on an episode of The Originals season four (High Water and a Devil’s Daughter).
His Parents and Ethnicity
Charles Michael Davis is the son of Marina and Charles Davis. While his father is from Kentucky, U.S.A, his mother is from Manila, Philippines. Consequently, the handsome actor has African-American and Filipino roots.
Charles Michael Davis’ Wife
Given that Charles Michael Davis is a handsome and popular actor with an easy charm, many are curious about his romantic affairs and marital life. His on-screen and off-screen appearances make ladies swoon but he is quite private about his relationship and personal life. As he does not have a wife and has never been married before, Davis appears to be currently single, a fact which may be hard for some fans to believe.
He is, however, linked to having once dated a professional choreographer and model Katrina Amato in 2014. The couple who looked good together and seemed to have shared something special at the time eventually parted ways.
During an interview in September 2014, the charming actor disclosed that he is ‘newly single’ and apparently back on the market. Meanwhile, the reason for their break up remains undisclosed. Charles was previously rumored to be gay but the speculations about his sexuality were laid to rest after he dated Katrina.
Body Measurements and Other Facts about the Actor
1. Davis is 6 feet (183 cm) tall and weighs 86 kg. His eye and hair colors are dark brown and black respectively. His other body measurements are chest size – 44 inches, waist size – 35 inches, and biceps – 15 inches.
2. He is also known by nicknames such as Chuck, C, CD, CMD, Charlie, and Chaz.
3. The handsome actor is also a professional photographer with a portfolio of photographs on his official website.
4. Not only can Charles Michael Davis act and sing, he is also an amazingly skilled pianist. More so, he has interests in furniture building and painting.
5. Davis loves cooking and would have taken up his passion as a chef if he were not an actor. Some of his food obsessions include Pistachios, vegan protein, and almond butter.
6. The charming actor may not exactly be a yoga enthusiast but he is sure a fan of the art.
7. Davis who always wanted to be a superhero is a fan of philosophy. He often posts some inspirational quotes online.