Wisdom is the invisible gift that makes our lives better on planet earth.
Elders in the African system (for the most part) are respected not just for their grey hairs but most importantly the cost and worth of those grey hairs. They are a symbol of experience and lessons learnt. Basically the elderly have seen it all and been through it all.
On the other hand, life is a ride we must learn to enjoy whether it is smooth or bumpy. Through the thick and thin, it is the cheerful spirit that inspires us to never give up.
Have you ever had an experience in the past that left you feeling humiliated, tensed or even silly; only to remember them years later with uncontrollable laughter.
So the essence of this article is to beat nature. If you will eventually find this turbulent and confusing moment hilarious someday why not do so now.
Education is complete and most effective when it’s fun and enjoyable. It is the sugar that helps the medicine go down.
So here you have it, funny wisdom quotes that will delight and educate you:
1. Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone – Anthony Burgess.
2. A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple – John Florio
3. Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired – Jules Renard.
4. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city – George Burns.
5. Blessed is he that can laugh at himself, he will never cease to be amused – Unknown.
6. My life needs editing – Mort Sahl.
7. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive – Elbert Hubbard.
8. Creditors have better memories than debtors – Ben Franklin.
9. I can’t be out of money, I still have checks left – Unknown.
10. Everything is funny as long as it is happening to someone else – Will Rogers.
11. He that drinks beer, thinks beer – Washington Irving.
12. In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on – Robert Frost.
13. He who dies with the most toys is still dead – Unknown.
14. To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone – Reba McEntire.
15. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday – Don Marquis.
16. The trouble with the rat-race is that, even if you win, you’re still a rat – Lily Tomlin(American comedienne).
17. Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get – Unknown.
18. If “ifs” and “ands” were pots and pans, there’d be no work for tinkers’ hands – Charles Kingsley.
19. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but an onion a day keeps everyone away – Cassandra Chatfield.
20. Where so many hours have been spent in convincing myself that I am right, is there not some reason to fear I may be wrong? – Jane Austen.
21. There are 2 kinds of people in the world; those who with positive outlook who jump out of bed in the morning and say, “Good morning Lord!” and those who pull the sheets over their heads and moan “Good Lord is morning!”.
22. Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability – George Bernard Shaw.
23. I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party – Ron White.
24. To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except exercise, get up early, or be respectable – Oscar Wilde.
25. In God we trust; all others pay cash – American (on money).
30. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape – Anon.
31. If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise, they’ll kill you – Oscar Wilde.
32. A jury consists of twelve people chosen to decide who has the better lawyer – Robert Frost.
33. It is better to swallow words than to have to eat them later – Franklin Roosevelt.
34. Don’t talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave – Wilson Mizner.
35. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself – Eleanor Roosevelt.