Bill Gates has been among the richest in the world since his company, Microsoft went public in 1986.
A lot of us know the Bill Gates story about the Harvard drop-out who became a household name for computers in the world.
Although he is no longer the CEO of Microsoft, he has numerous sources of income and gives them out through the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.
So if you are in the dumps and feeling not enough for having not attained your goals yet, here are 20 inspiring quotes on Success by the world’s richest man
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
- Everyone needs a coach. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast, or a bridge player.
- In business, the idea of measuring what you are doing, picking the measurements that count, like customer satisfaction and performance … you thrive on that.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world … if you do so, you are insulting yourself.
- We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next 10. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.
- If you show people the problems and you show people the solutions, they will be moved to act.
- Don’t make the same decision twice. Spend time and thought to make a solid decision the first time so that you don’t revisit the issue unnecessarily. If you’re too willing to reopen issues, it interferes not only with your execution but also with your motivation to make a decision in the first place. After all, why bother deciding an issue if it isn’t really decided?
- If I had to say what is the thing that I feel best about, it’s being involved in this whole software revolution and what comes out of that, because you can go all over the world and go into schools and see these computers being used and go into hospitals and see them being used, and see how they’re tools for sharing information that hopefully leads to more peaceful conditions, and just the great research advances that come out of that.
- To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.
- A bad strategy will fail no matter how good your information is, and lame execution will stymie a good strategy. If you do enough things poorly, you will go out of business.
12. Customers want high quality at low prices and they want it now.
13. Only a few businesses will succeed by having the lowest price, so most will need a strategy that includes customer services.
14. If you are born poor its not your mistake, But if you die poor its your mistake.
15. I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
16. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
17. Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.
18. It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
19. I can understand wanting to have millions of dollars, there’s a certain freedom, meaningful freedom, that comes with that. ‘But once you get much beyond that, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger.
20. If your business is not on the internet, then your business will be out of business