For the pro-abortion group, it is perhaps a perpetual rhetoric with no definite answer, when asked if abortion was a biological weapon for black genocide.
The pro-life group however have no iota of doubt that abortion is a violation of human rights.
In June, an American legislator, Ron Castorina Jr. called abortion an African-American genocide. He accused the abortion industry of targeting the African-Americans.
New York recently passed a pro-abortion bill that reads:
“The state shall not deny a woman’s right to obtain an abortion as established by the United States Supreme Court in the decision Roe. v. Wade…Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, New York protects a woman’s right to terminate a pregnancy within twenty-four weeks from commencement of her pregnancy or when necessary to protect a woman’s life or health as determined by a licensed physician.”
Ron Castorina still maintains his ground that abortion is inhumane.
“I believe in the sanctity of life and I will always defend it, because the unborn do not have voice.”
There are some facts and statistics that have bothered on pro-life activists such as Castorina and Dr. Alveda King, the niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- In 2013, 1,000 black babies were born alive while 1,223 were aborted in New York.
- Representing 12.8% of American population(2007-2010), Blacks accounted for 36% of abortions in the U.S.
- In 2012, about 31,328 black babies were aborted and 24,758 were born; thus representing a 42.4% of all abortions in the U.S.
- Black women are five times more likely to abort than white women.
- 55.9% of black babies are killed before birth.
- 69% of pregnancies among Blacks are unintended, while that number is 54% among Hispanics and 40% of pregnancies among Whites
Unwanted pregnancies are often in high rates in areas where there are socio-economic setbacks; in communities where there are low rates of accessible education and development.
Bearing these statistics in mind, the anti-abortion group are strongly suggesting that abortion has become an African-American genocide.
Dr. Alveda King said:
“The truth is not racist. African-American communities are targeted by the abortion industry and too many of our babies die in abortion. These are facts that cannot be disputed. Mr. Castorina showed great courage in speaking this truth to members of the Assembly who clearly could not bear to hear it.”
According to WHO, there is an estimated 40-50 million abortions annually, that is 125,000 abortions per day. The United States records over 3,000 abortions per day.
It is believed that more blacks are killed via abortion than in racial victimization.
Let us know what you think about abortion being a weapon for black genocide.