On Tuesday, CNN reported that classified documents were presented last week to President Obama and America’s President-elect, Donald Trump, which alleged that Russian operatives have compromising information about America’s President-elect.
CNN reported that the documents are based on information gathered by a former British intelligence operative considered by U.S. officials to be a credible source.
CNN elected not to disclose the documents at the time but Buzzfeed published a full report which aired claims that Russia has been “cultivating, supporting, and assisting” Trump for five years, in an attempt to encourage splits in the “western alliance.”
CNN meanwhile noted that the documents “also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.”
The full report by Buzzfeed makes some other claims about Russia’s claws in America’s President-elect and American politics as a whole that we will attempt to summarize below;
- America’s President-elect Trump was infact allied to Russia for years in which period Russian intelligence allegedly fed Trump information on political opponents including Hillary Clinton
- President-elect Trump was allegedly offered lucrative real estate deals in Russia in conjunction with the 2018 World Cup, although he declined to take them.
- America’s president-elect was allegedly engaged in “perverted sexual acts” that were “arranged/monitored” by the Russian intelligence. These included hiring prostitutes to urinate on the bed in the Presidential Suite of the Ritz Carlton hotel in Moscow where the outgoing President and his wife had slept during an official visit, out of supposed hatred for them.
- Donald Trump allegedly engaged in other “unorthodox” behavior in Moscow that Russian officials believe left him open to blackmail
- Russian spies allegedly eavesdropped on Hillary Clinton as far back as when she was first lady. The information about her is, however, described as evidence of situations where she had said things that contradicted her position at the time rather than embarrassing events.
A day after the report was allegedly presented to America’s President-elect, Trump tweeted;
“Having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. Only ‘stupid’ people, or fools, would think that it is bad!”
Kellyanne Conway, a senior Trump adviser appearing on Late Night with Seth Meyers dismissed the memos, as unverified and untrue. President-elect Trump took to twitter after the story came out to tweet;
“FAKE NEWS – A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!”
The Kremlin has denied any claims that Russia gathered compromising information on America’s President-elect calling the report fake and alleging that the aim was to damage Moscow’s relations with Washington. President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists on Wednesday; “The Kremlin does not have compromising information on Trump.”