Friendship is a good thing. However, good and sincere friends are hard to come by but when you finally find one, it is always worth the wait. Make out time once in a while to remind your friends how much you cherish them and how much they mean to you. Here are some best friendship quotes to start with:
Funny Quotes About Friends
1. It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’ ~ A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
2. Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway. ~ Greg Tamblyn
3. It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~ Marlene Dietrich
4. Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person that made you cry. ~ Unknown
5. A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. – Fr. Jerome Cummings
6. Two people are never such good friends as when they share a mutual dislike of a third person. – Anonymous
7. Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
8. One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. – George Carlin
9. Who needs friends? I have the Internet! – Anonymous
10. You’re just jealous because we act retarded in public but people still love us! – Anonymous
11. High school is not the time to find your friends. It’s the time to find your bridesmaids. – Anonymous
12. A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success! – Doug Larson
13. You don’t have to have friends; you just have to be friends with them.
14. My friend’s friend is my friend. My friend’s girlfriend is my friend. My friend’s boyfriend is just a scum.
15. It is good when a dog is your friend, but when your friend is a dog…
16. Occasionally, a true friend gives his paw not his hand…
17. Don’t tell a lot about yourself, behind your back will tell more interestingly about you.
18. There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. ~ Linda Grayson
19. It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. True Friends Like Octopus
21. Love is blind. Friendship tries not to notice. – Anonymous
22. Friends are God’s ways of apologizing for our families. – Anonymous
23. ‘Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected. – Charles Lamb
24. Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success. – Oscar Wilde
25. I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. – Plutarch
26. Difference between friends and best friends: A friend will be there for you when he breaks up with you. A best friend will call him up and whisper, “You will die in seven days.” – Anonymous
27. Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend. ~ Sarah Dessen
28. Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces. ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
29. Good friends offer a shoulder when you need to cry. Best friends are there with a shovel to beat up who made you cry. ~ Unknown
30. You and I are more than friends. We’re like a really small gang. ~ Unknown
31. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you
32. when the limo breaks down. ~ Oprah Winfrey
33. Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~ Sicilian Proverb
34. Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice. ~ Otto von Bismarck
35. Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’ ~ Cookie Monster
36. A friend is like a book: you don’t need to read all of them, just pick the best ones.
37. I would like to know when someone unfriends me on Facebook, so I could like it.
38. It’s a pleasure to see you and another – not to see.
39. Loneliness is when you get an e-mail but it’s from the newsgroup server.
40. ‘Are you threatening me?’ ‘It depends, if you got scared – yes I am; if not – I’m only warning you…’
41. I found out about you from my last nightmare.
42. There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.J.K. Rowling
43. There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money. ~ Benjamin Franklin
44. The capacity for friendship is God’s way of apologizing for our families. ~ Jay McInerney
45. I Like You Weirdo
46. When a woman like that whom I’ve seen so much, All of a sudden drops out of touch; Is always busy and never can spare you a moment, it means a man. ~ Alice Duer Miller
48. Friendship. A ship big enough to carry two in fair weather, but only one in foul. – Ambrose Bierce
49. An old friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a dead body. – Jim Hayes
50. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. – Bernard Meltzer
51. Give me one friend, just one, who meets the needs of all my varying moods. – Esther M. Clark
52. Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together. ~ Marilyn Monroe
53. I’m not a Facebook status, you don’t have to like me.
54. I don‘t care what was said about me. Just tell me why they were so comfortable to say it to you.
55. I found your nose in my business again.
56. Some people only get called by their nicknames. Usually it sounds weird to even say their real name.
57. Between friends, differences in taste or opinion are irritating in direct proportion to their triviality. ~ W.H. Auden
58. One sure way to lose another woman’s friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements. ~ Marcelene Cox
59. It is the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected. ~ Charles Lamb
60. One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention. ~ Clifton Fadiman
61. Never tell your friends, “I told you so” – even when you did. ~ Wendy Jean Smith
62. When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.
63. A true friend stabs you in the front. – Oscar Wilde
64. Friends are relatives you make for yourself. – Eustache Deschamps
65. The best time to make friends is before you need them. – Ether Barrymore
66. Friendship will not stand the strain of very much good advice for very long.- Robert Staughton Lynd
67. You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job. ~ Laurence J. Peter
68. Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside. ~ Unknown
69. Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. ~ Mark Twain
70. Friendship is like money, easier made than kept. ~ Samuel Butler
71. If you can survive 11 days in cramped quarters with a friend and come out laughing, your friendship is the real deal. ~ Oprah Winfrey
72. Friends: people who borrow my books and set wet glasses on them. – Edwin Arlington Robinson
73. Best friends: They know how stupid you are and still choose to be seen with you in public. – Anonymous
74. Pretty girls turn heads. Me and my girls break necks! – Anonymous
75. Friends: people who borrow my books and set wet glasses on them.
76. A good friend will help you move. But best friend will help you move a dead body. ~ Jim Hayes
77. The holy passion of Friendship is so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money. ~ Mark Twain
78. Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go. ~ Margaret Walker
Quotes About Losing Friends
79. A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument. A real friend knows that it’s not a friendship until after you’ve had a fight. ~ Unknown
80. If it’s very painful for you to criticize your friends – you’re safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that’s the time to hold your tongue. ~ Alice Duer Miller
81. It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them. ~ Confucius
82. The path of social advancement is, and must be, strewn with broken friendships.
83. It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~ William Blake
84. An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. ~ Buddha
85. It takes years to build trust and just seconds to destroy it. ~ Unknown
86. True friendship is like a rose: we don’t realize its beauty until it fades. ~ Evelyn Loeb
87. Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?― Unknown
88. You can gain a friend in a year, but lose a friend in a minute.― Unknown
89. Friends are forever, you might lose them but you’ll never forget them.― Unknown
90. It breaks my heart; it makes me sad to think of all the times we had. You made me laugh and you made me cry. And all that I can do is sigh and wonder why.― Unknown
91. The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb.― Unknown
92. Friendship must never be buried under the weight of misunderstanding. ~ Sri Chinmoy
93. True friendship is like sound health, the value is seldom appreciated until it is lost. ~Charles Caleb Colton
94. Friendship is like a glass ornament. Once it is broken it can rarely be put back together in exactly the same way.
95. The sword wounds the body, but words wound the soul. These are the wounds I received in the house of my friends. ~ Zechariah
96. Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew.― Unknown
97. Excuse me, then! you know my heart; But dearest friends, alas! must part.― John Gay
98. We always thought we’d look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we’d look back on our laughter and cry.― Unknown
99. Hearts live by being wounded.― Oscar Wilde
100. Two persons cannot long be friends if they cannot forgive each other’s little failings. ~ Jean De La Bruyere
101. Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest…it’s about who came, and never left your side.
102. Moving on is simple; what you leave behind, that makes it difficult. ~ Unknown
103. If all men knew what each said of the other, there would not be four friends in the world. ~ Blaise Pascal
104. Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces. ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh
105. The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.
106. Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.
107. A friendship that can cease has never been real.
108. It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it….
109. There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t even jump puddles for you.
110. There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills. ~ Buddha
111. The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship. ~ Sir Francis Bacon
112. Oh, sometimes I think it is of no use to make friends. They only go out of your life after a while and leave a hurt that is worse than the emptiness before they came. ~ L.M. Montgomery
113. Trust is like a paper, once it’s crumpled, it can’t be perfect again. ~ Unknown
114. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
115. Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those, who are friends. ― Richard Bach
116. Moving on is simple, what you leave behind that makes it difficult. ― Unknown
117. You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget. Those are your friends. ― Unknown
118. Friendships are not easy to maintain. They take trust and love. And nothing hurts more than losing a friend.
119. Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.
120. Lovers have a right to betray you… friends don’t.
121. If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren’t going to change simply because you want them to.
122. No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.
123. In life we never lose friends, we only know who our true ones are.
124. Good God! How often are we to die before we go quite off this stage? In every friend we lose a part of ourselves, and the best part. ― Alexander Pope
125. If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, do not accept, as you may lose a friend. ― Saint Augustine
126. Sometimes life is hard to bear, when a friend is just not there. ― Unknown
127. Cutting people out of your life is easy, keeping them in is hard. Walter Dean Myers, Slam!
128. Make as many friends as you can, but don’t build your life on them alone. It’s an unstable foundation.
~ Sean Covey
129. Choose your friends wisely – they will make or break you. ~ J. Willard Marriott
130. A good friend is hard to find, hard to lose, and hard to forget. ― Unknown
Quotes About True Friends
131. “True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable”. ~ Dave Tyson Gentry
132. “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success.”~ Doug Larson
133. “A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. “~ Grace Pulpit
134. “There is nothing on this earth to be prized more than true friendship”.~ St. Thomas Aquinas
135. “The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. “~ Benjamin Disraeli
136. “Friendship is when people know all about you but like you anyway”. ~ Unknown
137. “Never explain – your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway”. ~ Elbert Hubbard
138. When it hurts to look back, and you’re scared to look ahead, you can look beside you, and your best friend will be there. – Author Unknown
139. True friends are always together in spirit. – Lucy Maud Montgomery
140. A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad. – Arnold H. Glasgow
141. If you’re alone, I’ll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I’ll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I’ll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I’ll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I’ll just be me. – Author Unknown
142. It’s the ones you can call up at 4:00 a.m. that really matter. – Marlene Dietrich
143. A friend shares the good times and helps out by listening during the bad times. – Molly Oliver
144. “THESE quotes are seriously amazing! thank you so much for brightening my day everyday with these quotes.
145. They keep me going when I am down, and add on to when I am happy…. thanks!!!!”
~ Jean Arious
146. “just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful quotes each and every day…Some days, it’s the nicest thing I hear all day….Muah…”
147. Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. – Cindy Lew
148. Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure. – Jewish Saying
149. A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care to acquire. – La Rochefoucauld
150. The only way to have a friend is to be one. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
151. “Wherever you are, it’s your friends who make your world”. ~ William James
152. “The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch swing with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve ever had”. ~ Unknown
153. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart”.
154. “Be true to your work, your word, and your friend. ~ Henry David Thoreau
155. A true friend is someone you can disagree with and still remain friends. For if not, they weren’t true friends in the first place. – Sandy Ratliff
156. True friendship is felt, not said. – Mariecris Madayag
157. True friendship is based on trust, honesty and sincere generosity of our hearts. – Song Park
158. Nations will rise and fall. Wars will be lost and won. Lives will begin and end, but a true friend is eternal. – Jon Koroluk
159. “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand”. ~ Emily Kimbrough
160. “Many people will walk in and out of you life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” ~ Unknown
161. “A friend in need is a friend indeed”. ~ Latin Proverb
162. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. – Bernard Meltzer
163. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. – Walter Winchell
164. However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship. – La Rochefoucauld
165. A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else. – Len Wein
166. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend”.
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
167. While everybody else shakes my hand, you hold it. – Nick Zeigler
168. Friends are the most important part of your life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories. – Dave Brenner
Quotes About Bad Friends
169. Friends are just enemies who don’t have enough guts to kill you.
170. A friend who gains power and control is a friend lost.
171. People are not your friends if they’re paid to kiss your feet.
172. Friends can be made by many acts and are often lost by only one.
173. An open enemy is better than a false friend.
174. Life is too short to spend with someone who makes your days difficult.
175. An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; as a wild beast can harm your body, but an evil friend can wound your soul.
176. A friend in need is a friend to be avoided.
177. Friendship is delicate as a glass, and once broken it can sometimes be fixed but there will always be cracks.
178. Your closest friend may turn out to be your greatest enemy.
179. Friends are like roses because you have to look out for the thorns.
180. Save me from my friends because I know who my enemies are.
181. Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it.
182. Whoever said friendship is always easy never had a true friend.
183. As we grow older we don’t lose friends, we just learn who the real ones are.
Quotes About The Death Of A Friend
184. This passion, and the death of a dear friend, would go near to make a man look sad. — William Shakespeare
185. True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for a while. Even after years apart, you pick up with them right where you left off, and even if they die they’re never dead in your heart. — Unknown
186. Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, Advanced a stage or two upon that road Which you must travel in the steps they trod. — Aristophanes
187. Even the best of friends cannot attend each other’s funeral. — Kehlog Albran The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one. — Seneca
188. It hurts when you lose a friend to death, it hurts even more when you lose a friend still living. — C. J. Tulli
189. When a close friend unexpectedly leaves us, a piece of our heart is forever broken. — Chris Lumpkin
190. The loss of a friend is the greatest of losses. — Publilius Syrus
191. Our concern for the loss of our friends is not always from a sense of their worth, but rather of our own need of them and that we have lost some who had a good opinion of us. — Francois De La Rochefoucauld
192. A friend who dies, it’s something of you who dies. — Gustave Flaubert
193. While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. — John Taylor
194. There’s a thing that keeps surprising you about stormy old friends after they die; their silence. — Ben Becht
195. Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity. — Terri Guillemets
196. He spake well who said that graves are the footprints of angels. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man. — Antoine De Saint-Exupery
197. The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb. — German Proverb
198. We go to the grave of a friend saying, “A man is dead,” but angels throng about him saying, “A man is born.” — Henry Ward Beecher
199. Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence. — David Hume
200. The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired. — Robert Southey
201. Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same. — Flavia Weedn
202. Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there? — Richard Bach
203. We all lose friends.. we lose them in death, to distance, and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home, when you leave the light on. — Amy Marie Walz
204. You cannot stop loving your friend because he’s dead, especially if he was better than anyone alive, you know? — Jerome Salinger
205. When our friends are alive, we see the good qualities they lack; dead, we remember only those they possessed. — J. Petit-Senn
206. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. — Martin Luther King Jr.