Madeleine Mantock is a British actress best known for her role as Veil in AMC’s hit TV series, Into the Badlands as well as a revival of the science fiction series, The Tomorrow People. The latter is one of the earliest roles Madeleine got in the United States. She played the role of Astrid Finch, best friend to Stephen Jameson, a new member of The Tomorrow People whose life is endangered after she discovers that he has powers. Meanwhile, tomorrow people is a group of people who possess superpowers due to an evolutionary development and are hunted by an organization that aims at wiping them out.
The actress put up such an excellent performance in the series that proved she came prepared to take the industry by storm and as a result of her performance on the show, many opportunities came knocking.
A combination of physical beauty and talent, Madeleine Mantock is on her way to becoming Hollywood’s most sought-after actress.
Madeleine Mantock Bio (Ethnicity, Age)
Born on the 26th of May, 1990 in Nottingham, England, the actress is of Hispanic and Black British ethnicity. She attended Arts Educational School, London, on a partial scholarship and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Musical Theatre.
The beautiful British actress kicked off her on-screen career in 2011 as a main cast member in the British medical drama series, Casualty, which airs weekly on BBC One. On the show, which is the world’s longest-running medical drama TV series, Madeleine played the role of Scarlett Conway, a staff nurse, appearing in 36 episodes from 2011 to 2012. The actress landed this role even before her graduation from drama school.
Subsequently, she appeared on the BBC Three television comedy series, Lee Nelson’s Well Funny People, in 2013 and in an attempt to access better work opportunities, Madeleine moved to the United States the same year. There, she got her first TV series main role as Astrid Finch, on The Tomorrow People, but the show was cancelled after one season.
In 2014, she was cast in a small but vital role in the blockbuster science fiction action movie, Edge of Tomorrow. As a result of her role as Julie in the film, she got introduced to the wider international audience and was later cast as the major character, Veil, on the television series Into the Badlands, aired on AMC. She played the role from 2015 till 2017.
In 2016, the Brit actress portrayed the character of Laura in the BBC Two television drama, The Truth Commissioner, adapted from David Park’s novel of the same title. Madeleine also starred alongside the former Nickelodeon star, Nathan Kress, in the 2017 movie Breaking Brooklyn, playing the role of Faith Bryant.
The following year, Madeleine Mantock filmed her main role in the BBC television drama series, Age Before Beauty, which premiered on BBC One on 31 July 2018. She acted as Lorelei Bailey, a beautiful twenty-something-year-old personal trainer.
In March 2018, Ms. Madeleine landed the lead role of Macy Vaughn alongside Sarah Jeffrey and Melonie Diaz, in the fantasy drama series Charmed. The series which is a reboot of the 1998 series of the same name, focuses on three sisters who find out that they are witches.
From the time she came on board, the actress has remained very active in the movie and television industries with the television being the major source of her success till date.
Height and Other Interesting Facts
1. The Charmed star has an impressive height and a beautiful figure. She stands at 5 feet 8½ inches (1.74 m), has brown eye colour and black kinky hair.
2. Madeleine Mantock is among the handful of actresses who have managed to keep their personal life away from the tabloids. Although she has never mentioned anything about her family, she once talked about her relationships. According to her, she has dated people from her place and even though they are no longer together, she still maintains a cordial relationship and even keeps in touch with them.
3. Speaking on what she is looking out for in her next boyfriend, the actress said she does not mind dating a guy who is not British as long as he is “completely British in nature and character”.
4. In preparation for her role as Macy Vaughn on the series Charmed, Madeleine Mantock said she had to learn how to speak Spanish. The actress who plays an Afro-Latina character in the series also said she could not afford to have a moment where Latinx people see themselves on TV and hear their language spoken in an inappropriate manner.
5. The beautiful British lady is very active on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram with more than 16K followers combined.